Fender top mount turn signals

Fender top mount turn signal indicators

• Love them!

Votes: 150 83.8%
  • Hate them!

Votes: 29 16.2%

• Total voters
-
(I was replying to a question about these pics.
Well, my switch doesn't really work. I have to manually turn off the blinkers.

Drove it what way? and where were the rubber straps, what are the chain and binder? This seems like an awesome story if I could decipher it.

So the truck you just pulled over longways over the pole and just held it under the truck with a couple chains on the bumper? That would be absolutely hilarious to see.

Attachments

• scan0012[1].jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 198
  • scan0011.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 209
Now you guys got me thinking. I was going to remove them from my 69 Dart. It'll be kinda pro touring. You don't see them with that theme much. But they are unique, and I do like to be a little different...
Maybe I'll build a custom set that are more subtle - body color.

In that situation I'd put clear lens' in em n put colored bulbs that would match any accent colors on your car :blob:

Good idea. The rest of the chrome will be painted satin black. Maybe make these black as well with some cool green bulbs that match the main paint color.

Wow I'm surprised how many don't like them. I've always thought of them as a Mopar detail. Even as a kid with the family '73 Charger I liked them. Sometimes I think ALL vehicles should have them, like when I'm following that guy whose turn signal didn't cancel and it's flashing for the next 10 miles...

That being said, I wouldn't necessarily put them on though if yours doesn't have them. I agree if you do put them on, for your car I'd go with body-color ones that would be more subtle than chrome ones.

I gottem, but they don't work. :( I don't know why either, I have the lights hooked up to the blinkers, the blinkers work, I have brand new bulbs, but neither of them light up when I put my signal on.

Check the screw going through the housing into the fender. The threads rust and usually have no contact with the body.

my car had them ,they came off when i changed the front clip.i will put the drivers side back on and it will be a shift light.... :burnout:my car is frankie too!

thought about putting em on my 74 sport, but the more I think about it I don't think they'll look right for what im doing

I've had a set of the '73-up ones for sale here for about a month or more, with no interest. For less than I paid for them! So apparently I like them more than everyone else does!

Since my Dart wagon is gonna be part 65 wagon and part 66 Barracuda (interior and dash), I obtained a nice set of 66 Barracuda fender mounted turn signals. With no side trim, they ought to look nice on top of the fender.

My 69 Fish came with them, so I'm leaving them for now. I had some on my '67 Mustang too. They are kinda cool at night, and they let you know if your signal didn't turn off after your turn.
I can't stand those people that are in front of me for 5 miles and leave their signal on!!
PS I love the idea of turning them into a shift light. Hmmm....

-
Back