Fender top mount turn signals

Fender top mount turn signal indicators

• Love them!

Votes: 150 83.8%
  • Hate them!

Votes: 29 16.2%

• Total voters
-
Just be careful when washing the fenders I was moving fast and jammed my thumb :banghead:
washing my barracuda back in the day :glasses7:

I gottem, but they don't work. :( I don't know why either, I have the lights hooked up to the blinkers, the blinkers work, I have brand new bulbs, but neither of them light up when I put my signal on.
Could be an issue with your turn signal switch. The fender mounted signals take a special switch as the fender mount lights run through the switch. Mine don't work on my 74 Valiant...and I suspect the switch has failed. Replacement switch on Ebay is $86 bucks. A standard switch is usually about $26 bucks....

Now you guys got me thinking. I was going to remove them from my 69 Dart. It'll be kinda pro touring. You don't see them with that theme much. But they are unique, and I do like to be a little different...
Maybe I'll build a custom set that are more subtle - body color.

I liked mine on the cuda, but they were hood mount. I lost them when I went to the hemi hood tho :( Now I always drive around with my turn signals on! lol

I love them. All my cars have them. My duster had some 71-74 b body ones on it. They are slimmer and no screws in the top. I will grab some pics when I get home today

Wife has them on her '68 'Cuda and I love 'em !!! So much so that a member on here sent me a set to put on my '69 Dart !! They're mounted,just need to wire them in now !!! :blob::blob:

They came on this car with the performance hood treatment and hood pins. Go figure. Maybe to add weight to the nose with the little motor.

LOL! That weight might just in come in handy if ya gotta stop fast! I voted no in the poll..but...they look good on your duster...maybe just can't get dad's 74 green 4 door fury out of my head....

I think they are great! As afriend said the other night when I was taking him home. " They let you know which way your going! My old car never told me that!" needless to say I was the DD that night.

I have an extra set. Let see if I can find them do some research for fair price and I'll PM you, unless you are set on a 68/69 set, mine are 73.

I would love to see a pic of them. Thanks

Just noticed the ones on the Duster are more subtle. Maybe someone wants to trade a set?

I have them on my 72 Demon ....I like them.....I bought a set of NOS ones last year to replace the original ones, they will go on when I get my hood repainted and the stripes back on.

Believe it or not. I drove it that way up route 145 at 55 mph plus. we put the rubber strap's on the front and rear for a joke.The chain and binder holding the car we put our arms over so you couldn't see them. It looked like we were holding it on. We were laughing so hard we had tears. This was done by me and my freind Dean Miller who is now Gone . He had a 72 340 4spd. Demon He just died and I miss him.

I had a 71 dodge 4x4 I needed to haul a telephone pole. so I drove over it and pulled it up against the rears with chains to the bumpers. I almost made it home when I hit a dip in the road. It lifted the wheels off the ground. If onl I could have taken a pic of the Officers face when he pulled up. He was laughing harder the we were.

l
LOL! That weight might just in come in handy if ya gotta stop fast! I voted no in the poll..but...they look good on your duster...maybe just can't get dad's 74 green 4 door fury out of my head....

Could be an issue with your turn signal switch. The fender mounted signals take a special switch as the fender mount lights run through the switch. Mine don't work on my 74 Valiant...and I suspect the switch has failed. Replacement switch on Ebay is $86 bucks. A standard switch is usually about $26 bucks....

Seems odd that a different switch would be required. Maybe due to higher amperage? Not sure what kind of bulb is in there, but an idea would be to put in some little LED's, almost zero amps and last long. Or change out all the signals to LED for a cool look and very low total amperage.

Well, my switch doesn't really work. I have to manually turn off the blinkers.

Believe it or not. I drove it that way up route 145 at 55 mph plus. we put the rubber strap's on the front and rear for a joke.The chain and binder holding the car we put our arms over so you couldn't see them. It looked like we were holding it on. We were laughing so hard we had tears. This was done by me and my freind Dean Miller who is now Gone . He had a 72 340 4spd. Demon He just died and I miss him.

I had a 71 dodge 4x4 I needed to haul a telephone pole. so I drove over it and pulled it up against the rears with chains to the bumpers. I almost made it home when I hit a dip in the road. It lifted the wheels off the ground. If onl I could have taken a pic of the Officers face when he pulled up. He was laughing harder the we were.

l

Drove it what way? and where were the rubber straps, what are the chain and binder? This seems like an awesome story if I could decipher it.

So the truck you just pulled over longways over the pole and just held it under the truck with a couple chains on the bumper? That would be absolutely hilarious to see.

-
Back