Fenderwell cutting templates !

-
Here's a few close up pictures from my '65 Barracuda of where Hedman Husler 75110s enter the fenderwells. I believe it would be the same on your '66 Valiant. The #1 and #2 pipes require cutting down closer to the frame rails and that can't be seen in these photos. Assuming you install these pipes individually, those cuts can be rather small.

View attachment 1715684887 View attachment 1715684889
Very nice work. Almost looks factory.

My car has already been pretty severely butchered for headers earlier. Do you think the Hedman fenderwell headers would fit through these openings? By the pictures it looks like the headers should end on the outside of the frame rails. I imagine it would be quite an easy option to just continue them on the outside of the frame rail, and dump out in front of the rear tire.

It is hard for me to say whether your existing openings are adequate for the Hedmans. You pretty much need to take it a pipe at a time and see what they need. I separated #1 and #7 pipes from the 3 & 5 center pipes. Same on the other side. You can then fit the collector and see what it needs. The collectors are outside the front subframe rails and go underneath the torsion bar crossmember. I routed my exhaust inside the subframe connectors where I "hid" the muffler. Then out in front of rear tire. You can see some of that in this picture. Of course it can be done differently.

65 at Yorktown.jpg

It is hard for me to say whether your existing openings are adequate for the Hedmans. You pretty much need to take it a pipe at a time and see what they need. I separated #1 and #7 pipes from the 3 & 5 center pipes. Same on the other side. You can then fit the collector and see what it needs. The collectors are outside the front subframe rails and go underneath the torsion bar crossmember. I routed my exhaust inside the subframe connectors where I "hid" the muffler. Then out in front of rear tire. You can see some of that in this picture. Of course it can be done differently.

View attachment 1716064297
Thanks for the info and picture! That's a nice looking car and setup!

-
Back