Fenderwell question

-

Bubba C

Reaction score
Can any body tell me why a set a smallblock fender well headers for 64-66 A body will not work on later model A bodies? I cant seem to find a set for my 73 .

Thanks, Bubba

The frame is wider. could possibly modify the headers, I think they hit on the shock tower but not sure.

The early A's are much narrower by far. I've come by more late model fenderwell headers by a 20 to 1 margin compared to the early ones.

The early A's are much narrower by far. I've come by more late model fenderwell headers by a 20 to 1 margin compared to the early ones.

I've seen pleanty of them for big block application but for small block the only ones I see are for early A body. Where have you found fenderwell headers for later(smallblock) A bodies? Yea, no doubt the early A bodies are not as wide as later A's but, I would think the headers would work possibly.

I've seen pleanty of them for big block application but for small block the only ones I see are for early A body. Where have you found fenderwell headers for later(smallblock) A bodies? Yea, no doubt the early A bodies are not as wide as later A's but, I would think the headers would work possibly.

The hooker supercomps in my wagon fit tight to the floor,fenderwell, and frame rail. It would require extensive mods.

-
Back