Few Pics From Local Cruise Night - Downers Grove IL

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

My daughter and I hit the weekly show/cruise night in Downers Grove IL last Friday with our Duster. This week's theme was "Vette Night" so the place was really packed. 100's of cars. My best friend since first grade finally got the Stingray he wanted since we met in 1970 last Thursday, so we hit the event. As you can guess only of handful of Mopars were to be found sprinkled amongst the 100's of Vettes etc. Here they are:

Enjoy,
Pat

My buddy and I before the show.

My Daughter and I with "her car". :D

Love the blue Roadrunner ! You got more pics of the black Demon ? That is awesome .

Nice cruise pictures. Too bad I didn't know about it, I could have gone. You are not too far from me.

I didn't see yu at the Dukes Drive In cruise a couple of weeks ago.

Nice pics! I was there the week before. I'm at I-88 and Eola.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 575
Tell me about the bronze 66 383 Coronet...

That's identical to one of mine!

...and what's with the cat taco shirt?

Nice cruise pictures. Too bad I didn't know about it, I could have gone. You are not too far from me.

I didn't see yu at the Dukes Drive In cruise a couple of weeks ago.

Ya, it was spur of the moment. I had my interior gutted because I'm planning on welding in some subframe connectors next week. Threw the two front seats back in it on Thursday so we could join my buddy at the show.

Nice pics! I was there the week before. I'm at I-88 and Eola.

We're virtually neighbors EL5. 75th & Washington here.

Perhaps you, KrazyKuda and I can connect at the Cozzi Corner weekly show located at 75th and Lemont Rd? The show is held every Tuesday through Sept 29. There's a big parking lot, DJ, raffles (for free hotdogs & stuff)

Pat

Tell me about the bronze 66 383 Coronet...

That's identical to one of mine!

...and what's with the cat taco shirt?

Don't know much about the Coronet... other than I loved it!sorry. Ya, you noticed my kid's shirt too...I said the same thing when she and my wife came home with it! LOL They both love cats (have one) so go figure.

Love the blue Roadrunner ! You got more pics of the black Demon ? That is awesome .

Here's a few from a prior show.

that deuce..oh my!

Oh man, the picture doesn't do it justice. Absolutely gorgeous, even had the original roll up side windows. And sounded fantastic. Turns out the owner is a woman that works with my buddy. Her husband's building an old Cougar that should be wild too. Both were very cool folks.

Pat

Divenut, saw the Father/Daughter Project Friday nite. My wife commented on the fact a parent spends quality time with their children.
Thanks for posting the pics!
The 57 tilt nose belongs to Shawn. Said he just put on a steering stabilizer to stop the shimmy at 40. Said going quicker would cure that also, at least it did on a friend's 4X4.
The blue Barracuda is a 340 4-speed car that he got from his brother, who is the original owner. The wheels were put on 6 months after buying the car; said they were the only ones that would fit with the disc brakes.
Black Demon...what can you say? I did like the rusty quarter look before the new ones went on. Would LOVE to have that car and leave at 4 in the morning.
Rattle the neighbors fillings outta their mouths!
Thanks again for the pics! Bob

Hey Divenut,
This Cozzi Corner as mentioned ealier where is it located exactly as I do not know of it. I will be coming from Crete.

:sad5:
Divenut, saw the Father/Daughter Project Friday nite. My wife commented on the fact a parent spends quality time with their children.
Thanks for posting the pics!
The 57 tilt nose belongs to Shawn. Said he just put on a steering stabilizer to stop the shimmy at 40. Said going quicker would cure that also, at least it did on a friend's 4X4.
The blue Barracuda is a 340 4-speed car that he got from his brother, who is the original owner. The wheels were put on 6 months after buying the car; said they were the only ones that would fit with the disc brakes.
Black Demon...what can you say? I did like the rusty quarter look before the new ones went on. Would LOVE to have that car and leave at 4 in the morning.
Rattle the neighbors fillings outta their mouths!
Thanks again for the pics! Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks for sharing info on several of the cars. Good stuff! I dig the rims on that Cuda every time I see the car. And yes, I always loved the rough body that Demon has/had. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet in person at one of the local shows. May try to do the Cozzi Corner show on Tuesday if the temps stay cooler than predicted, but if it hits 96 w/1000% humidity as the are saying, I'll pass. :sad5: . Also gonna try to make last Downers Grove event on Friday if I can get there early enough to park.
Be well,
Pat

Hey Divenut,
This Cozzi Corner as mentioned ealier where is it located exactly as I do not know of it. I will be coming from Crete.
Here's a link to the map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF...229&ei=jaoaUqy8IYqz2QX9-YGwBQ&ved=0CHUQ_BIwCQ

Show Flyer
[ame]http://cozzicorner.com/cruise_night.pdf[/ame]

Pat

Ya, it was spur of the moment. I had my interior gutted because I'm planning on welding in some subframe connectors next week. Threw the two front seats in it on Thursday so we could join my buddy at the show.

We're virtually neighbors EL5. 75th & Washington here.

Perhaps you, KrazyKuda and I can connect at the Cozzi Corner weekly show located at 75th and Lemont Rd? The show is held every Tuesday through Sept 29. There's a big parking lot, DJ, raffles (for free hotdogs & stuff)

Pat

That's like 20 - 30 minutes from me. I will try to make it if the weather isn't too hot! It would be nice to meet up with you guys.

That's like 20 - 30 minutes from me. I will try to make it if the weather isn't too hot! It would be nice to meet up with you guys.

Looking like it may be a scorcher tomorrow. Worse case, next Tuesday (Sept 3rd).... And I agree, it would be nice to meet up with a few FABO folks.

Unfortunatly for me this week is the only week that I can do any cruise nights as I'm working days this week. Next two weeks are out of the question as I will be working afternoons then midnights. Might try and make it there tomorrow.

-
Back