Few Pics From Local Cruise Night - Downers Grove IL

-
who is planning on going tonite? told the wife I'd take her out for dinner and a car show...Bob

Hey Bob, Unfortunately I'm gonna pass tonight. Without carpeting/insulation, my Duster's like an oven once the exhaust heats up. My kid and I would be crispy by the time we get there. :wack: But if FABO folks are showing up, I'd head over in my daily driver...? Will check back in when I get home from work.
Pat

Pat, Barb and I are leaving now...don't know how long we are stayin'. gonna get hot doggies for dinner! my 69 Dart had a bench seat and door panels and...yea,it was hot! course,I was a bunch younger.Hope to see you there!Bob

I wont be able to make it tonight as I got off of work a little later than expected. For those that are going have a good time. Is anybody going to go to Downers Grove cruis night on Friday? Thats my day off so I could make that plus I think its suppose to be a little cooler. I've never been to the Downers Grove cruise night so some directions would be greatly appreciated.

I wont be able to make it tonight as I got off of work a little later than expected. For those that are going have a good time. Is anybody going to go to Downers Grove cruis night on Friday? Thats my day off so I could make that plus I think its suppose to be a little cooler. I've never been to the Downers Grove cruise night so some directions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any details on the friday cruise.

I may head over to the one tonight, but may not make it till after 8. I gotta drop a car off to get fixed before I leave and they are giving me a ride back home. Will try to go out there if I have enough time.

Would love to meet some FABO guys. If I'm there, look for a fat guy with a very rude blue hat and a Jeff Dunham shirt.

Hot dogs were great! car show okay too! lots of new Challengers, the copper Coronet was there from the DG downtown pics and a green 71 GTX,440.talked to young(20's) fellow that had a 72-ish Celica(the kind that looks like a fastback Mustang).Original paint on the car! Had Minilite type rims,lowered,dual Webers.Neat car.There was a 53 Ford station wagon Barb liked named Julius.guess because the car is orange that's how it got it's name.meet a few people that used to visit the parts store I worked at.Oct 1st Arnie Beswick is going to be there to raise money for a fellow that died.Silent auction and stuff.Nice show,not much for DJ's and their music though...

I do not have any details about Friday. Never been to it. Plus its a pretty good ride for me to get there. Probably at least an hour or more depending on traffic.

Well, I didn't get to make it last night....

But I did get the exhaust dumps working on the GTO so I can bring it to the show next week and try to get some interest to sell it.

Hey Bob,

Glad to see you were able to get to the show with your wife. Sounds like a better turn out than was expect. I got tied up at work cleaning up someone's mess...never fails to happen when I need to get out at a decent hour...but I digress LOL. In any case, sounds like you had a good time. Are you heading to Downers Grove on Friday?

Pat

Hot dogs were great! car show okay too! lots of new Challengers, the copper Coronet was there from the DG downtown pics and a green 71 GTX,440.talked to young(20's) fellow that had a 72-ish Celica(the kind that looks like a fastback Mustang).Original paint on the car! Had Minilite type rims,lowered,dual Webers.Neat car.There was a 53 Ford station wagon Barb liked named Julius.guess because the car is orange that's how it got it's name.meet a few people that used to visit the parts store I worked at.Oct 1st Arnie Beswick is going to be there to raise money for a fellow that died.Silent auction and stuff.Nice show,not much for DJ's and their music though...

Hey Bob,

I came across a few pics from the Cozzi Corner show you hit last Tuesday. Kicking myself for not getting their. Hopefully some of the same folks make it next Tuesday...Weather forecast looks like it'll be nice an cool...

Take Care,
Pat

From the same site, found this pic of my daughter & I rolling onto Main St. at Vette Night in Downers Grove last week. The smile on her face says it all!

Pat, just saw your question about tonite...no,we did not make Downers.sat in the dark with it raining watching the ComEd guys in their trucks.To their credit, it was raining and lighting and the power was back on in an hour. Neighbor has an arcing line in his yard at the pole I believe. May try for Cozzi's on Tuesday depending what the chiropractor does to me at 4. Will keep you posted(I'll pay attention) and hope to meet you there! Bob
gotta cherish that picture of you two. it would look good in the garage!

Pat, just saw your question about tonite...no,we did not make Downers.sat in the dark with it raining watching the ComEd guys in their trucks.To their credit, it was raining and lighting and the power was back on in an hour. Neighbor has an arcing line in his yard at the pole I believe. May try for Cozzi's on Tuesday depending what the chiropractor does to me at 4. Will keep you posted(I'll pay attention) and hope to meet you there! Bob
gotta cherish that picture of you two. it would look good in the garage!

Yep, that weather rolled in just as I was getting home from work yesterday. Guessing the Downers event was a wash. :sad5: Hope you're feeling well enough to make the Cozzi Corner meet on Tuesday...forecast is sunny @ mid 70's:thumblef: Gonna pack up the whole family after work and run out there. Hotdogs for dinner! And that picture's gonna be hanging in the garage. You can bet on it!

Be well and enjoy the Holiday,
Pat

-
Back