Fiat Deal !!!!

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
I guess I have just been forced to become a fan of Fiat ...... Could be worse !!!! I think ???? :munky2:

Any worse than being a Benzo? Probably not..... Maybe they'll make a small car we may want to buy..... I'm not a big fan of the Avenger or Caliber....

you guys should check into the company abarth. they are like brabus, renntech for benz, novitec rosso for ferrari, techart for porsche. if i were to get a fiat i'd get an abarth edition one, which my boss is trying to become the main dealer for abarth products for the US.

Actually I kind of like the possiblity of new, smaller models. We need a few fuel efficiant dodges to compete with honda and others.

And heck if the deal gets you down... just think of a Hemi Topolino
3479201435_3faa57a810.jpg

Another reason NOT to buy anything mopar is making:thumbdow::thumbdow:

from what i gather haveing fiat by chryslers assets is kinda like sending your company off shores to aviod the us from governing them? if this is true then this could free up chrysler from all of the imposed restrictions the oboma administration were surely to impose on them with the exception of the cafe standards of course. i think it could be a very smart move i the long run.

Change will be good, at least they are not going anywere, wouldn;t be the same without chrysler around.

I had a few Fiats back in the 80's. The engines were absolutely bulletproof but the plastic parts on the bodies and interiors were crap, and they tended to rust (American cars weren't any better at that time). Their biggest downfall was absolutely NO dealer support. They never took the North American market seriously and just faded away. In Europe FIAT's quality reputation went downhill and they almost died. New management came in and turned them around. Now they are up there with VW and the Japaneese quality wise, and sell quite well. I've rented a couple while in Europe and I liked them. Not sure how well they would hold up, but they were good looking and drove nice.

We'll have to wait and see what the future holds. As it stands now, there is virtually nothing Chrysler makes that I could get interested in. They have done a great job of wrecking their entire product line. Now everything is big, ugly and thirsty. Maybe we will get some cool turbodiesels.

The deal with Fiat may not happen if pitbull attorney Thomas Lauria has his way. His 11th hour appeal to the Supreme Court now threatens Chrysler's bankruptcy proceedings and could nix the deal with Fiat. Worst case scenario: Lauria and his Indiana State Teachers Retirement Fund win, Chrysler is forced to liquidate and the pension funds that Lauria represents get less than the 29 cents on the dollar they have been offered. So he wins the case and his clients lose money! :wack:

Guess the reason also most of us a A bodies folks it most all new Mopars and not our taste. I am so done with them and GM, from here on out I am going to restore as many Mopars as I can afford to do so.

I bought a used Fiat X-1/9 for better gas mileage (and fun) during the Jimmuh Carter gas rationing disaster years. It handled like a rollerskate with tires. I just wish it had more HP and torque. I had high hopes for the Pontiac Fiero before the corporate bean counters made Pontiac use the ancient Iron Duke 4 cyl. engine and off-the-shelf Chevette parts.

I suspect part of the fiat deal was to introduce into the Chrysler line-up some of the high gas milage Fiats that will help make the new fleet MPG standards possible without dropping higher MPG Chrysler models. Sounds good to me, that way the Challenger can keep the Hemi.

I had high hopes for the Pontiac Fiero before the corporate bean counters made Pontiac use the ancient Iron Duke 4 cyl. engine and off-the-shelf Chevette parts.

They go pretty good with a small block in them :-D Used to see a couple in shows where I am where they have shoehorned a small block chevy TPI motor in there :-D

Just saw on CNN.com, that it is official now. now how long do we wait to see how bad the damage will be? Could it be worse than Daimler owning it?

wait and see i guess after the smoke clears the next year should be interesting. I wonder if the dodge trucks might become affordable?

Just saw on CNN.com, that it is official now. now how long do we wait to see how bad the damage will be? Could it be worse than Daimler owning it?

Lets hope not. Chrysler was at the top of there game before Damiler came in and ran them into the ground. To bad Lee Iacocca cant come back and help again.

Man this sux. If anyone wants a new Challenger... you had better hurry! (that goes double for the new camaro. Nice article in Motor Trend titled "Smoke'em while you got'em".

-LY

From Websters Dictionary..........

Main Entry:
fiat money Function:noun Date:1876

: money (as paper currency) not convertible into coin or specie of equivalent value

Let's hope and pray that our beloved Mopar products don't become like our beloved dollar bills.

What I find more interesting, I read that the Unions will have a 55% stake in the company. How does that work? Conflict of interest in my book.
Joe

What I find more interesting, I read that the Unions will have a 55% stake in the company. How does that work? Conflict of interest in my book.
Joe

i'll bet that dosen't last long. they will find a way to get the unions out of there i bet........

Just the way AMC's are accepted at Mopar shows, does this mean we'll be seeing X1/9's, Topolinos, & 500's at the Nats?

Lord help us all....

Joe

Unions vote for democrates....Obama pays back union for vote...

chicago politics.....

Mob rule in Washington.........plain and simple. Premeditated, well orchestrated fascism at work in Washington.

And I too don't believe the Union's will last. When you lay down with the devil, you get burned. (and I mean Washington.....between the back stabbing ways of DC and Fiat, I think the Union's days are now numbered.)

It amazes me how much the Union bosses actually cared for anything but money. They didn't care about the dealerships who sank, they didn't care about the company's name and it's products overall, and they didn't care about selling out to a foreign line. .......and at the same time they say "We've sacrificed".!!!!.........I believe that's absolute BS.........The only thing they've sacrificed is another American car company, and most of the Americans who helped make it great..........all for a buck.

.........and you talk about the financial whoredom of Wall Street???

Right.

-
Back