Fiberglass hood front spring

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Demon i got a fiber glass hood with front pin on no front latch. I have to press down hood with tension from stock front spring near latch area should i keep that tension so it sits tight against pins or should i shorten the spring to be even with pin holes

IMG_9341.jpeg

Remove the spring and use the rubber bumpers to keep it tight. Pressure pushing up om the center over time will warp the hood when hot. Unless your using the factory latch and need it to pop the hood up when unlatching it is not needed.

Remove the spring and use the rubber bumpers to keep it tight. Pressure pushing up om the center over time will warp the hood when hot. Unless your using the factory latch and need it to pop the hood up when unlatching it is not needed.
Yes i was told that i removed it and did that very thing

I have the screws but many time I go to ship a couple of screws in an envelope and they are returned by the post office and I lose the shipping. So I don't ship small items. The shipping would cost more then the screws are worth.

I’ve got a four pin fiberglass hood. I use four rear shackle bushings and trim them so that it takes slight pressure to pin it.No rattles,worked for years

-
Back