Fiberglass on hood

-

Kbharley

Reaction score
I plan on putting a fiberglass six pack scoop on my 70 dart,
I've done it before but it doesn't look as clean as I would like.
I was wondering if you can just wrap the top of the hood with fiberglass to have more of a flush clean look?
Will the fiber glass hold up pretty good?
Some one please help out!

I was wondering if you can just wrap the top of the hood with fiberglass to have more of a flush clean look?

Are you talking about laying resin and glass on a steel hood and fiberglass scoop? That sure would be a real ***** to smooth out. The underside of the glass will be real smooth against the steel, but the upper surface will be like the surface of the moon.

Here at Sled City Fiberglass we would advise you to cut the hole in the hood big enough to slide that 6 pack scoop into. Use panel adhesive to bond the scoop to the bottom of the hood and even use pop rivets to secure the two. Then you can easily use a bondo type mud to do the finish work on top. That's how we did mine 12 years ago and it still looks good.

Here at Sled City Fiberglass we would advise you to cut the hole in the hood big enough to slide that 6 pack scoop into. Use panel adhesive to bond the scoop to the bottom of the hood and even use pop rivets to secure the two. Then you can easily use a bondo type mud to do the finish work on top. That's how we did mine 12 years ago and it still looks good.

Got any pics you could post of that? Love to see it how it's done etc...

-
Back