Fibreglass Hood Help

-

BBDODGE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,im trying to find somebody who makes a pin on fibreglass power bulge style hood for my 68 Dodge Dart,i live in Australia and i've tryed doing a search but only find steel ones.i have the inserts already and would like to cut a big hole in it for an 8/71 to live in. :D

Hey thanks, i looked on that site and found nothing listed untill your post and then typed in gts and bang there it was.:cheers: Now i have to remember how i got my last steel one over here? Might get some front and rear bars while im at it. By the way i have a set of 69 inserts if u are chasing a set...........cheers John........

I've used Glasstek and AAR. In my experience the AAR hood was and is junk. The Glasstek stuff was excellent. Strong and straight. I say stuff becasue I used their hood, fenders and bumpers.

Dam now i gotta check out Glasstek,I thought AAR was the one when it came to glass panels? Anyone care to comment on the AAR vs Glasstek choice........Anyone.????????????

Im not finding any 68 gts pin on hoods listed on glasstek website? That could be a bit of a problem seeing thats what i need..Good to know they are there for other panels though!..........

AAR is the only one with that hood.

Details on the 8-71 build, please!!
I got a Bill Laney blower manifold on my 8-71 sb.
Best of luck on your project.

AAR was/is right down the road from me. As far as I know, he is not in the autoparts game anymore, he does boats now. I know the shop is still open, and the building still has several boats out back but I haven't been there for about 6 months, so he may have added car stuff back to their "menu"

Call glasstek and see if they can make you one. They should make that hood ayway. Tell them AAR stopped making them or that AR is the only one...etc. Mine was a 4" cowl induction. They didn'tstart their business with all the products they have now.

Ok ,i will get in contact with them and see what they say,im still undecided about what block to order.:banghead: World 426 hemi or indy alloy 400? im leaning towards the Hemi in cast iron,but im worried about {A} who to buy it from,{B} Will they have it in stock! I dont want to part with the coin and be told its on back order as the shipping time to get here alone will suck as it is....I have a stock 400 block here but,im thinkin about selling it.Sorry bit off topic.....:D I should start a build thread i guess

-
Back