Filet-O-Fish

-

Quikitty

Reaction score
Just started the rust removal process with my 69 340 4spd Barracuda formula S.
I was pleasantly surprised the other day when gutting the interior, after looking in the seat backs and not finding a build sheet ( found many rats nest ) I thought there was no chance of finding it. I pulled out the carpet and there it was, right under the passenger rear carpet. Face up on the floor, never found One on the floor before. Nice find to back up a fully matching numbers car.
This car was rust proofed ( I say with a smile, How’ed that work out) probably what saved the frame rails, trunk, cross members and 3/4 of the floors. Had to patch the fenders, do quarters, drivers floor, trunk extensions, patch rockers and inner fender wells. Had to buy a new mig welder as my old one is on its last leg and probably would not make it through this project.
The original color was Honey Gold, guess that makes this a ‘Gold Fish’, yep that’s what happens to ya when you work in the garage by yourself all day.

1204D31F-2322-4207-940E-FCAFA43D84E2.jpeg
66ACACA1-8ADC-43B0-8BAC-683B32A8BC90.jpeg
0472D8BB-B3A2-497C-9541-DE4694D649DE.jpeg

I was pleasantly surprised the other day when gutting the interior, after looking in the seat backs and not finding a build sheet ( found many rats nest ) I thought there was no chance of finding it. I pulled out the carpet and there it was, right under the passenger rear carpet. Face up on the floor, never found One on the floor before. Nice find to back up a fully matching numbers car.
This car was rust proofed ( I say with a smile, How’ed that work out) probably what saved the frame rails, trunk, cross members and 3/4 of the floors. Had to patch the fenders, do quarters, drivers floor, trunk extensions, patch rockers and inner fender wells. Had to buy a new mig welder as my old one is on its last leg and probably would not make it through this project.
The original color was Honey Gold, guess that makes this a ‘Gold Fish’, yep that’s what happens to ya when you work in the garage by yourself all day.

View attachment 1715506352 View attachment 1715506353 View attachment 1715506354
A sense of humor to go with all the iron oxidation and vermin droppings.

View attachment 1715506352 View attachment 1715506353 View attachment 1715506354
I found mine there also, but I think someone before me tried to peel it off of the floor and tore it. I haven't attempted to even try.

23454_1195720307997_485378_n.jpg

Just bought a Titanium 140 MiG welder from Harbor Freight, pretty happy with it so far, good thing too as I have a lot more welding to do.
I forgot to grease the window slides while I had the quarter off. At least I’ll get the other side, maybe I need to write it down :)

Last edited:
Any suggestions on how best to remove or reduce the rust staining from the build sheet without damaging the sheet itself? Am I best off just leaving it alone?
A20A4926-A276-446F-92F7-762BC08EE17C.jpeg

Good times! Much as I hate panel replacement, I really enjoy the satisfaction I get from it. Enjoying watching yours come together.

-
Back