Fill neck grommet issue

-

6T9DART

Old street racer
Reaction score
I got fuel neck grommets for my '69 Dart from Classic Industries and from Mancini's and they are both too thick to get the tube
into the tank. I can get the old one in but the aftermarket ones (I'm guessing) just seem to be hard and not flexible enough to go in.
I'm asking if anyone has had the same problem and if you didn't, where did you buy it? Thanks..... John.

boil it then put a little lube on the tube and slide it on. I like liquid graphite.

Detroit muscle has a good one.

I had no problem with mine.

I used Vaseline and it slid in nice and easy

My first replacement grommet was from Classic Industries. Lasted 1 1/2 years, then cracked and started leaking. The second grommet is from Year One and has been in there for 6 1/2 years.
Both of them were a pain in the *** to install. Definitely need a light lubricant.

My first replacement grommet was from Classic Industries. Lasted 1 1/2 years, then cracked and started leaking. The second grommet is from Year One and has been in there for 6 1/2 years.
Both of them were a pain in the *** to install. Definitely need a light lubricant.

Same issue here, the one from Classic was pretty solid to start with, it lasted about a year and a half and split and would leak when fueling up. I grabbed another from Van's Auto. It was nice and pliable, pretty easy to push the tube through and has been good for 2 years so far.

-
Back