Finally after 5 years

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have another fender on, with no badging and antenna delete. (how I wanted it)
Now after all this time it looks strange having a non buckled fender.:D
You can see how it was before this weekend in the second pic, where the front was crunched along with the bezel and the fender buckled and beat back out by the previous owner.
The beak is primered, sanded and ready for paint as well but it's just too dog gone windy today, so since I drive it most every day it went as far together as it could without it for now.
After this, on with the rest of the body and paint that isn't done yet.

newfender.jpg

sideshot.jpg

I wish my troubles were that simple, LMAO good job, m'man

I do too, and as I get older I found out sometimes progress hurts for days afterwards. :D
Thanks to Ibuprophen I can still move.

I can relate. I've been John Waynein it the last few years, but that's comin to an end. lol

I can relate to the old body stuff.
My last email update on the Duster had the title: I'm not 18 anymore. Had to work on my back, under the dash, arms at crazy angles in unnatural positions.

Looking good Trailbeast. I never noticed your bad fender at the car show, your shiny valve covers and fancy coolant tank must have diverted my attention:D

I can relate. I've been John Waynein it the last few years, but that's comin to an end. lol

I always say I'm going to go as long as I can then rely on good pain killers and alcohol for the rest of my life.
Speaking of that, those drinks on the beach I told you about are getting closer by the day. :D

Amazing how much cleaner it looks without the antenna.

I questioned that for a few years, and I do like the clean look without it.
Don't listen to the radio much anyway, just CD's I burn, but I'm going to get an amplified FM windshield antenna for it anyway I guess.

I can relate to the old body stuff.
My last email update on the Duster had the title: I'm not 18 anymore. Had to work on my back, under the dash, arms at crazy angles in unnatural positions.

Like jamming your hands in a box of kitchen knives working on these old girls.
The unnatural positions I can still do, but I pay for it later.

Looking good Trailbeast. I never noticed your bad fender at the car show, your shiny valve covers and fancy coolant tank must have diverted my attention:D

Thanks
Well, it was shiny but buckled so maybe that's it.:D

Congrats.

Progress is progress. No matter how much you move forward, it's still forward.

Looks good!

Now I'm curious what it looked like before?

The fender or the car itself?
The car looked like this the day I bought it in an AZ town South West of Phoenix and drove it the 130 miles home.
The second pic is how it looks now, but the biggest changes were the Magnum motor and 42RH OD trans and the inside of the car.

dart2.jpg

IMG_0275.JPG

-
Back