Finally broke down and bought an air-gap

-

GSS340

Reaction score
I am building the 340 for my 69 car just as Mopar Muscle did on their 340 build up and was wondering if I really needed to spend the cash on an air-gap. Well I did it...talked to a guy that just put one on his car and said it really made a positive improvement. We'll see. Anyone else running one and have comments?

I've heard good things about it. Its a good all around intake, same thing as the performer rpm just without the crossover.

Air-gap is great as long as you do not live in a cooler climate (okay cold) - or expect min. 10 minute warmup - and maybe longer. In the hotter locations (like Henderson NV) I doubt that is a problem.
I had a LD340 on my 388 and thought it was starving at the top end, so i switched to an Air-gap - and had no noticeable difference IMO. For mainly street use with a bit of strip I would go with the RPM performer.

An excellent intake. I have owned and used the Edelbrock;

LD4B..............Very good intake
Performer........Excellent
TorkerII 360....Touchy on the combo it lives in. Can make good HP.
LD340.............My quoted words when I first got on it. "Whooooa!!!" :shaking2: :headbang:
Performer RPM air gap....My quoted words when I first got on it.
"F%^&in Sweeeeeet! Yea baby!!!!!!! There we go!!!!! Thats what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!" :love4:

The last 2 are tied in there performance which blows the doors off the previously listed intakes.
Also take into acount that 2 intakes are for 318's and I do not expect the 318 to perform up to a 360's level but do so understand it is by compare on how they reacted on there respective engines.

You did the right thing.

I've been running an LD340 on my 360 since I put it in the Vart about 17 years ago, and I wouldn't trade it for any other manifold. For a street machine, this manifold just plain rocks.

Can I ask a dumb question? What is the LD340? Who makes it? I might know the answer when I hear it but for now I can't think of it. thanks

moparfreak77 said:
Can I ask a dumb question? What is the LD340? Who makes it? I might know the answer when I hear it but for now I can't think of it. thanks

its a old eddie intake

Air Gap, good choice. I run one myself. Checkout the manifold shootout Dulcice(?) Steve did in Mopar Muscle a couple years ago. It made within a few hp of the top rated single plane race manifolds with much better numbers everywhere ..exccept above 6500. You will like it. It is tall though so check hood clearance if carb spacer is used. Good luck, Terry.

I have one and love it. I don't have any clearance issues :scratch:

I have a 625 Carter AFB, 3" tall filter, and a 1" riser for the air cleaner to clear my fuel line...fits perfect.:thumbup:

Do the engines sit at a different height in the older A-bodies with the old style K-member??

First shot is my modified LD-340. The un-modded version has the divider wall that is sometimes notched. The old Hustle Stuff offering had a choke well for the factory choke. This one also has a mistake on it where the machinest got a little over zelous and the sides of the inatke had to be welded up.

Next one down is the LD4B. Un-modified.

Both intakes have been discountinued for some time now in favor of the Performer for both engines. Though best on a 318. T-Q abled. And recently, the RPM came out for the larger engines. I think it's a shame it can not accept a T-Q on top. (RPM)

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

-
Back