Finally figured it out!! Prototype underway!!

-
Fish on!

flyfishing.gif

Greatest. Troll. Thread. Ever!

Nah, seriously, I hope he is getting it worked out. :thumbrig:

Subscribing hoping for the all new mufflerbearing that will automaticly change my blinkerfluid while saving +155463252% on fuel!

Nothing new? Please show me someone who is making something that retrofits old Mopar V8's to VVT?

Subscribed,Ill give you another one that needs to be "made" a bosch p7100 injector pump gear that is variable for the injector pump! It would be sweet to have lower injection timing to help turbo spool/torque @ lower rpm/boost levels & when rpm/boost goes up more injection timing for top end hp! Id be 1st in line!

Read initial post at the beginning. If there is something cool, if not then I didn't waste time reading through it.

Law of averages- someone already thought of what-ever-it-is, and it wasnt feasible, didnt work reliably, or whatever. All the brilliant mopar minds from the Ramchargers to present day pro stock engineers, and no one has thought of "it" yet. Call me skeptical too.

Skepticism aside, why not just prototype and produce what you have, after testing and then mention and offer it to the public?

I feel like unique and useful things usually find their place in the market on their own, with basic advertising.

I have a few ideas of my own that I've blueprinted, but I'm not going to set up camp until I've got something in hand that I know works well and I've used long enough to refine on my own, along with a few guinea pig giveaways.

Its hard to keep an audience in the era of vaporware. Not saying that there is or will be nothing, here, but that is usually the case, so people wait and become disinterested by the time the product is ready for delivery.

I've seen a few publicly funded projects go south, because of testing hang ups in the middle of group buys.

Even Jamie over at Passon had a ton of people flogging him and he had some serious amount of product to show.

From one designer to another, take my humble advice and just be careful not to jump the gun.

Skepticism aside, why not just prototype and produce what you have, after testing and then mention and offer it to the public?

I feel like unique and useful things usually find their place in the market on their own, with basic advertising.

I have a few ideas of my own that I've blueprinted, but I'm not going to set up camp until I've got something in hand that I know works well and I've used long enough to refine on my own, along with a few guinea pig giveaways.

Its hard to keep an audience in the era of vaporware. Not saying that there is or will be nothing, here, but that is usually the case, so people wait and become disinterested by the time the product is ready for delivery.

I've seen a few publicly funded projects go south, because of testing hang ups in the middle of group buys.

Even Jamie over at Passon had a ton of people flogging him and he had some serious amount of product to show.

From one designer to another, take my humble advice and just be careful not to jump the gun.

X2

I have a cousin that was constantly bragging to everyone that would listen about the next huge idea he had, and how he was going to make millions and buy everyone in the family something nice the following christmas. He would get everyone excited and happy, and start acting like he was Mr. Big Shot inventor/engineer/entrepreneur before he'd even started working on it.

This happened several times, at least 5 or 6 that I remember, and each time he never went beyond drawing doodles on a piece of graph paper and buying a bunch of raw materials or a special tool he thought he would need. When it came time to actually produce something, he would stall and make excuses and then just go silent for several months. Then out of the blue he would announce the next big thing and it would start all over again.

My advice: Make the damn thing, apply for a patent, test it thoroughly on your own car, THEN announce it.

Im an inventor and designer as well. One of the problems with using VVT on a single cam engine is you will be moving the exaust lobes as well as the intakes. I can forsee issues with that. I bet you are going to use an actuator mounted where the fuel pump goes, kind of like how a variable vane turbo works. That is where I would start. Just guessing!

Im an inventor and designer as well. One of the problems with using VVT on a single cam engine is you will be moving the exaust lobes as well as the intakes. I can forsee issues with that. I bet you are going to use an actuator mounted where the fuel pump goes, kind of like how a variable vane turbo works. That is where I would start. Just guessing!

how about a single cam that is internally spring loaded to allow a closer lobe separation using centrifical force like a distributor advance?

Mopar tim,the triton 5.4l motors have vct on them thatt adv or retard the whole camshaft. granted there are two cams (one per cyl head) but still adv. or ret. both intake & ex. lobes.

I THINK THIS IS AWESOME. Good luck to the OP. Patents take a long time, months, years so someone here is going to have to call me when its finished!

Hello again, sorry for the long pause. The last month has been very very busy for me. I decided to start half of my business here in Tn and put the move to Florida on hold. I have been covered up with work and haven't got on here. The VCT is still in process but has been on the back burner to get the business going. I'm still waiting to get a machine then I can finish it. I will let you know when I have it up and running. Also I have a 2nd design come to mind and will be making both to see which is best for accuracy and reliability. Thanks

-
Back