finally found my farmall cub...

-
I'm looking for an IH Cadet 60 if anybody has one....

Keiters Farm machinery in Halifax pa has a farm junkyard with lots of old tractors if you are needing parts. Just FYI

A9DB1A03-8C58-4ABD-B458-B8DB891D959E.jpeg
8F579B5B-63AD-478A-A1D9-91FF734F8470.jpeg

This is my neighbor’s tractor - he always wanted a Power King tractor. I never heard of them before (I’m not a farm boy). He bought it in non-running condition and then completely rebuilt it (as a hobby). When he bought it, it got me thinking how handy it would be to have one with a bucket for my yard. Then I thought, hey, wouldn’t having a backhoe be better? After looking for a while in Craigslist and finding a few scams, I thought why not look at some new ones. After watching a few YouTube videos comparing different brands, I settled on the one below:

AE100A16-9A64-4D91-85B5-47DEB7958FC8.jpeg

It has a 23 HP Diesel engine (Yanmar) and is pretty fun to play with.

Someone once said “if the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems resemble nails.” Now my problems resemble things that need a backhoe!

I like your acquisition Joe! Nice find!

5C4494EA-D648-4419-9C2D-63F484700072.jpeg
2862BE46-384C-4548-86BD-A943C9DA4C9B.jpeg
FBBEB7E5-C9D9-4059-91F9-293A11B22631.jpeg
Here is some of my families. We used H and M models. Mostly the M for all heavier duty work.

This is a great thread and odd. I personally do not know of a single car guy who is into tractors... Learn something new everyday lol.....

JW

The problem is the way the steering box/ linkage is designed. The box is built into the front casting, and the tie rod is "split." And everything is in the road of everything else. I even have a torque amplifier, but have been tol that it is very hard on the steering box on these girls, and mine likely needs rebuilt. And it ain't easy............
I guess thats what my tractor has, pump on the back of the governor and a amplifier on the steering shaft. Whoever put it in, cut shaft, drilled it and slipped box in. Didnt shorten shaft.
I shortened steering shaftand it was way easier to get in and out of the seat.

My go to tractor is my grey market kubota L1501. 15 horsepower,1200 lbs and less than 4 feet wide. I have a mower for it and it cuts faster than my 23 hp husqvarna. On way less fuel.
Built a trailer hitch and forks for the 3 point. Super handy.

There's a Farmall Museum in Leesburg, Florida. -- It's Awesome, and if You have a chance to talk to the Owner, -- He can tell You the history of every item, in the Museum. -- It also includes other International Vehicles. International Farmall Tractors

Growing up, my neighbor had a Cub with a belly mower. I have a 1965 John Deere 1010 to help me work up the food plots for the deer. Would love to have a tractor with a bucket some day!!

-
Back