Finally getting an early A-Body

-
What the heck is that yellow coily thing hanging out of the car? Please tell me thats an old stretched out slinky you found under 1 of the seats and not the air hose you are using! :-D Just messing with ya. Its looking great, man you are moving fast. Nice progress, keep the new pics coming!!!

What the heck is that yellow coily thing hanging out of the car? Please tell me thats an old stretched out slinky you found under 1 of the seats and not the air hose you are using! :-D Just messing with ya. Its looking great, man you are moving fast. Nice progress, keep the new pics coming!!!

Looks like Vic could use one of those hanging air hose reels for Christmas there Badawg, and while you're talking to Santa, tell him ol' cosgig could use one too!!! LOL!!! Hey Vic, you must be retired or something to be moving that fast on the 66. Either that or you hired some elves to work through the night. Either way, it's looking good and just tell Badawg that the small diameter of the hose keeps the pressure higher, or something. Anyway, it's not the size that matters, but how you use it, or so I'm told,(HAH!!!) That line was made up by someone with a small hose for sure. Keep up the good work!!! Geof

LOL Geof! I have 3 or for of those laying around from the "freebie" package that comes with so many compressors. I cant tell you how many times I end up just grabbing 1 rather than grabbing a better hose. And it never fails, as soon as I do someone shows up and blows me crap for using it.

LOL Geof! I have 3 or for of those laying around from the "freebie" package that comes with so many compressors. I cant tell you how many times I end up just grabbing 1 rather than grabbing a better hose. And it never fails, as soon as I do someone shows up and blows me crap for using it.

I'm gonna camp outside your shop window with my papparazi and wait till you have to bust one out and then send them in for the big expose', HAH!!! FYI, if you link 3 or 4 of those together it actually reaches close enough to what you're doing to blow some air towards the project. Saves a lot of time moving your car over to the compressor. That corner is getting kinda cluttered anyway, what with all the projects you had to move over there already!!! Keep on keepin' on everybody, I'm goin' out to shovel the snow!!! Geof

No, not retired just tired! I try to take advantage of the shop time as much as I can, small blk has been kind enough to let me use his shop and equipment I am surely not complaining about a hose! I am looking forward to having small blk through down some paint on this baby so I want to get it ready. Then I can go to work doing what I know. We are going to try to have this baby up and running by spring.
Best prices on paint guys? Clearcoat/basecoat and enamel, any good ideas? The only shop we have around here is pretty high. I am just curious, looking for black.

Vic my ex brother-in-law owns a body shop and his wife works for PPG so if you find anything from them let me know and I can see what kind of price I can get for you.

That would be great badawg, I really like the PPG BC/CC and I think they have a pretty nice black enamel.

Thanks Kev, I like to know what everything is. Here is a pic of the K-member, it is still in the car but not for long. As you can see it was altered, so out it comes. She is getting disc bakes up front so they are coming apart anyway.

Hey I got a question, did the 66's ever come stock with a front or rear sway bar?

original K member.jpg

I still dont get why the PO cut away at the K. You decide what kind of brake set-up you are going with yet?

Bad eh Lycandart?
I have a chance to get a 70 factory 4 piston set-up from small Blk Badawg. The rear is going to be late model disc probly, I have a couple ideas on that yet.

Thanks Kev, I like to know what everything is. Here is a pic of the K-member, it is still in the car but not for long. As you can see it was altered, so out it comes. She is getting disc bakes up front so they are coming apart anyway.

Hey I got a question, did the 66's ever come stock with a front or rear sway bar?

Sure, the 66 Formula S cars came with a front sway bar, but I don't think that early A's hever had a rear sway bar. You know, that K member almost looks like an earlier A front saddle. I had a 63 Valiant convertible over the summer that I was parting out and I looked at where the K frame should have been and it looked a lot like that. Not a K frame as it were, but more like 2 frame rails and a cross bar. I'm not saying that is what you have there Vic, but it sure looks close. Does anybody out there have a 63 Valiant to shoot a picture of the motor saddle?? Snag up that front brake stuff, it is getting hard to come by. I'll help you chop that wood for an extra dust shield. I'm doing that swap on my 67 cuda. Also Vic, I'm not bustin' you on the hose thing, I'm just havin' a little fun with ya'll. I wish I was in your garage using that hose to help bust something off with ya. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to more updates!!! Geof

vic a front sway bar was an option in 66, im not sure about in 65.. but there is a company that has a rear sway bar for our cars,, ive seen it installed,,nice set up easy install,,i think it was from PST,, they advertise in most of the mopar magazines,,

you are moving quick on your 66.. i have some things i hope to get done by spring my self,, so when your finished with your 66 come on over,,ill put ya to work,,,

Yep, Carwashes & Firewood, it's going to be a long year!!!
That is very cool about the sway bar, a front sway bar really makes a hugh difference plus we are putting frame connectors in so that will realy make it stiff. I do alot of 70 to 80 mph road cruising on whinding narrow 2 lane roads and she is going to be set up for hauling the mail and cornering. I am thinking sway bars and 4 wheel disc brakes.
I got the other door off today and almost the other fender but I ran into a stubborn bolt so pics tomorrow. I will have the front end off tomorrow also and I am thinking of maybe powdercoating the steering linkage and anything else in the suspension.

I was going to do it all in fire engine red but Small blk had a conniption fit!! What do you guys think? All the steering and chasis components red (front only) and the car black?

vic werent you looking for turn signal indicators for the fenders?? did you check with the people i sent you the web site?? there is a pair on this site under parts for sale,,,read the add,,all tho they look good the lenses are the only thing good,, and there new,,,

yes I am, I have a set but they are very white in the lenses, thanks fstfish66.

Don't forget I have your new Plymouth letters for the trunk right here in front of me that Badawg sent you, They look GRRReat.:cheers:
I hope to take a day and visit soon but I will be stuck here this week.

Ok, no red but it may be semi gloss black.

I haven't Memike and I of course will pay dearly to get you and victoria to west plains. Small blk and I are going to have alot of sanding to do!!

I was too late on the indicators, they went on ebay, but good heads up fstfish66.

Here are some pics of the latest work, I found some rust in the lower inner fender passenger side. May have to dig around for one, I think that is a panal that comes off. Next is the K-member and Small blk is going to walk me through that, he's done a few already. We're putting KH 4 piston power discs on the front and then the rear end is getting worked over.

Pas door off.jpg

front clip off 11-20-08.jpg

inner fender rust.jpg

Looking good Vic!! Moving along fast thats for sure. As soon as I find out about the paint Ill also get that grille mailed out for.

-
Back