Finally getting an early A-Body

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
I have been wanting to trade one of my bowties for an early A-body for about a year now and have finally hit paydirt (I hope). I found an ol' boy in Mississippi, with a serious bowtie addiction, that wants to trade a 66 barracuda commando 273 4 speed POSI car. All original, the guy got the car in a trade and started to restore it but his bowtie fever (my gain) took him away from it with the body work done, the engine rebuilt and in but not hooked up and a ton of goodies like 2 rally dashes and a ton of other stuff. I have died and gone to heaven, I was leaning toward a 65 (my high school car in 72, I paid 1300 for)but a 66 will do. I will be holding my breath, we are going after it friday. I will relax when the title is in my name and it's on my trailor coming home. Here are a couple pics,

7745787488134-66-Barracuda273ci4speedNeeds-some-***.jpg

9370492690380-66-Barracuda273ci4speedNeeds-some-***.jpg

car looks good .best of luck to you !
Just curious what sort of chevy will you be trading him to get that ?

72 El Camino with a vortec 305, drum brake single track that has body issues. it's a great 20 footer, but I would rather restore the mopar if I'm going too.

72 El Camino.jpg

How much for the Elcamino. I have a buddy looking for 1. Thanks Rick

Very Cool Vic!!! Get the deal dun and let us know :cheers:

Our 66 will look good parked next to each other when we get them ready:-D

I may have to join west plains Mopar.:clock:

Hope all goes well bud :thumbrig:

I have had it for sale for $3500.00 but it's probly gone but of course yo never know like I said. I will know for sure this weekend.

Thanks Mike, you bet they will look good , next year @ MMW is going to be pretty stylish I would say.

Very nice Vic!!! I must say that I think its the PERFECT choice. Ok, maybe Im biased, but it looks like a great fish to start off. Good luck and get us some more pics when you get it home!!!

Nice find. You'll enjoy having a car that's a little more unique than another Chevy. Good luck with the project!

was it a straight up trade???? i wanted a 64/65 also my first car,,when i did my 66,, i too found this car at a cotton farmers place,, he was a mopar guy,,but didnt care about A bodies,,,it too was in mississippi,,,thanks giving 1985

I hope the Mopar gods are smiling, I leave tomorrow and can use the carma.

fstfish66 that is too strange huh, the guy wasn't in Pearl (outside Jackson) Miss. was he? Yes it's a even trade we are asking the same price, I may be trading down in some guys eye's(bowtie guys!) but I don't think so. Besides how can you go wrong with a 4 speed posi car! It already sounds too much fun. Is there some pics somewhere of the tub job in your 66, I can't believe how big those meats are!

yes i have some pics but my scaner wont work with the new computer yet,,,

my car came from vicksburg mississipppi

I hope it all go's good Vic :cheers:

The Mopar gods will be smiling and with you.:rock:
I will make a special trip north to see it and the good folks up there.
I hope the fishing is good tomorrow.:thumbrig:

It's a done deal! We left saturday after a battle with Small Blks trailor and we returned just now, 12:00 midnight monday night. It turned out to be a better car than I thought. Pics tomorrow right now sleep is the order of the day. Here is one of it on the trailor getting ready to leave Jackson Miss.

Car on board finally.jpg

great find glad you saved it,,, look at your right tail lite housing, i have a pretty nice housing from a valiant,all lenses are great but the uppper is same lens as cuda,,,good luck,,and what are your plans ??

YeeHaa!!!! Vic :blob: I am so happy for you bud.:-D
You realed her in :thumleft: What a great fish.
66 barracuda commando 273 4 speed posi car.:king:
I sure would like to get up there as soon as I can and see
that great fish and see what I can do to help"bother" you with it.:-D
First ? Is that the factory color?
second ? How did you sleep knowing you caught a great 66 Barracuda!
Third ? Can I move up there for a couple weeks!!!:toothy10:
Congratulations Vic Storm I wish I was there know enjoying your's and
Small Blocks happiness and see that big smile on yalls faces.
Dang :read2: Reading this good news is better then a cup of coffie this morning:cheers:
I am hopping :color:
on entering Victoria in the car show in corning Ak this week end mainly to be with some of the friend I have not seen in a looooooong time.

Get me updated You two sure know how to make a members day=P~

I'll be interested in getting some rear tail lights and lenses fstfish66.

I will zhandfull, I guess once you get hooked on one of these older girls, thats all she wrote for a feller!

Don't look at the trk big stroke, don't shot the messenger!! Hey, I can't help it that we get 300,000 + miles out of those trks.

Thanks Memike, it is exciting. The car turned out to be the start of a bracket racer that they didn't chop up. The engine that has never been started has $8,000.00 worth of receipts with it and I guess was built for Underwood racing by a local Jackson Miss racing engine guru. I know this because I ran into the engine builders brother getting gas heading out of town and he said "he can't believe they spent that much on an engine and never even started it." I love it, it's a cool mistery that I will be solving so get your mechanics gloves on and the brew in the cooler and head this way!

Looks great Vic, Congrats!! Im really looking forward to seeing you bring that fish back to life!!

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!:blob::blob::blob:
I am leaving right know.

Be there by 7pm.:burnout:

-
Back