Finally getting an early A-Body

-
Here are a couple of pics since I got her off the trailor, it turns out that the receipts show a nice engine, the break in oil is still there and as clear as wesson oil! There is no rust anywhere on the car except for the spots with no paint but it's just on the surface. This is going to be a fun project, I am thinking about letting my Dart go for a little while and work on this instead!8) ah probly not, I want to see that BB stroker in my swinger. I will be collecting parts though.

fish engine with just a little cleaning.jpg

front pass side.jpg

rear undercarriage.jpg

Do I see a new gas tank too.:tongue9::eek:ccasion::thumbrig:
And looks like it is ready for headers too.
As you can see I am still in J town.:toothy10:
You sure snagged a great fish Vic :cheers:
Glad everything went goooood for ya.

Its your call :-k But I could not keep my hands of that one :-D

Thats allright Memike, I have a lot of cleaning to do. I found the extra 66 rally dash too. Plus everything seems to be beefy and he rebuilt the front end. The guy went on E-bay and found this set of early 60's Fenton wheels and the tires still have all the nubbens on them. I am diggin this car guys, Check out the scatter sheild it has.

rdrivers rear.jpg

scatter sheild.jpg

interior shot.jpg

rear quarters in good shape.jpg

Car looks better and better with each pic! With what you have there it looks to me like its clean up and finish up work for the most part. Bet it comes together fast for you. The "V" emblem on the grill and trunk lid trim dates it as a late 65 early 66 production. Starting the end of Jan or begining of Feb of 66 they had the fish emblems. Keep the pics coming!!

On cloud 9 ain't chaa!!:cheers: I am digging it too.
That 66 fish is awesome.:-D
How is Small Block doing, That was a long trip so I hope he is taking care
of his self.:read2:

On cloud 9 ain't chaa!!:cheers: I am digging it too.
That 66 fish is awesome.:-D
How is Small Block doing, That was a long trip so I hope he is taking care
of his self.:read2:

Wait a minute, If I know Small Block he is out having a ribeye and enjoying
a MGD. He is like the energize bunny and doing well.:cheers:

Nice find!!! Welcome to the Early A-Body Club. Toolmanmike

Hey Bigstrok3, give him time. We just got him converted back from the General. He'll eventually get a Hemi Ram to tow that 66, but first we gotta work on this "Posi" thing!!! Sweet car, good trade, you'll be much happier with all the attention the little 66 is gonna get, but I might be a little partial to that year also. Now, repeat after me.... Sure Grip!!!! Keep em' fast and shiny boys and girls!! Geof

Hey Bigstrok3, give him time. We just got him converted back from the General. He'll eventually get a Hemi Ram to tow that 66, but first we gotta work on this "Posi" thing!!! Sweet car, good trade, you'll be much happier with all the attention the little 66 is gonna get, but I might be a little partial to that year also. Now, repeat after me.... Sure Grip!!!! Keep em' fast and shiny boys and girls!! Geof

Geof, now repeat after ME..... I will post some pics, I will post some pics! lol Did you think I forgot? 8)

Thanks guys and yes I am excited but I am really torn on what to work on, I have already started my 70 Dart. I may just have to seriously pick up the pace and get it done. It gets a BB but I am going to stay with a small blk in my 66, alot less work and besides variety is the spice of life.

Small Blk stayed behind Memike, Karen and I went for the car and then went on down to Gulfport to see the ocean and picked up 40 pounds of fresh shrimp right off the boat. Then I drove straight through to home from there.

Hey Lycandart, what is the paint code on Small Blks 67 valiant post if it says "BB1"? The car is black now and I think it has been but small blk says black is "Z1". My cuda is a "KK1", what color is that suppose to be?

Also here is a pic of the rear, what year did they come out with "Plymouth" on the hood and what year on the bumper? Or both? My car has both but all but one of the letters has been removed. Also a pic showing how prisstine the quarters are.

rear shot at home.jpg

rear quarter on first day.jpg

Ok...KK1- is Light turquoise poly
BB1- is black
No Z1 listed but ZZ1 is Gold Poly.

You gotta help me, Badawg, I can't get anything to load. I get it all set up and it just spins and never uploads anything. I left it sit there for 3 innings of baseball the other night and it never uploaded. HELP!!! Could be I'm still on dial-up. I'm gonna try to resize them if I can get the wife to show me how. She is so helpful, should be done by 2011, HAH!!!

Thanks guys and yes I am excited but I am really torn on what to work on, I have already started my 70 Dart. I may just have to seriously pick up the pace and get it done. It gets a BB but I am going to stay with a small blk in my 66, alot less work and besides variety is the spice of life.

Small Blk stayed behind Memike, Karen and I went for the car and then went on down to Gulfport to see the ocean and picked up 40 pounds of fresh shrimp right off the boat. Then I drove straight through to home from there.

Hey Lycandart, what is the paint code on Small Blks 67 valiant post if it says "BB1"? The car is black now and I think it has been but small blk says black is "Z1". My cuda is a "KK1", what color is that suppose to be?

Also here is a pic of the rear, what year did they come out with "Plymouth" on the hood and what year on the bumper? Or both? My car has both but all but one of the letters has been removed. Also a pic showing how prisstine the quarters are.
Those are some tasty quarters there!!

Show me some pics of the rear of your 66's guys, I am curious about the lettering choices. Which does yours have? Lettering on the bumper or lettering on the trunk lid or both. Thanks

Look what I just got from Geof (cosgig)...Not the car (dont I wish) but the pics are great! What an AWESOME fish huh guys?

cosgig1.jpg

cosgig2.jpg

cosgig3.jpg

cosgig4.jpg

cosgig5.jpg

cosgig6.jpg

What a very AWESOME fish!! I wonder if the fender molding will fit a 66 Valiant ? They should I think.

They do look like the barracuda flairs a bit more , But that could be the blue paint doing it job :cheers:

cook and fish 331.jpg

cook and fish 916.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the fronts are the same. Not sure about the backs though. Some of the parts from my car came from a 66 Valiant parts car I had, and I believe the passenger front on my car is a Valiant fender, as my car was slightly hit in the front by the original owner who I got it from. That little car of yours is rockin' Memike, I dig the post look on the old A's. I like the poverty caps, too. I've always been partial to that look!!! Oh, and did I say how much I like that color, also. Geof

Mike I NEVER get tired of seeing new pics of Victoria! I really cant wait to see her in person!!!

And if I wasnt already jealous enough, here are pics of Geof's daughters 67 Barracuda along with her in the final pic. If he wasnt such a nice guy Id say it should be illegal to own 2 cars this amazing!!!!

cosgig7.jpg

cosgig11.jpg

Vic, by letters on the bumper, do you mean the letters across the trunk lid? I had a 64 and a 65 parts car at one time and the 64 did not have the letters on the trunk but the 65 did. I also had an extra trunk lid from a 65 and it had the letters on the trunk. Since the hood is different from the 64-5 to the 66's, I would say that the letters on the front of the hood came about in 66. 64 and 5's had the name on a center plaque at the hoods leading edge, and the hood latch was under this plaque also. I might have some of those letters out in the shop. I'll have a look and if I have any, I'll send them to you as a welcome to the new early A club. Not an official club, but more like a band of like-minded individuals who knew that they were the coolest cars all along. I'll message back later with a count of the letters I have. By the way, I believe that the letters are the same front to back, and if they came from an early A, they are the same as other applications. My 67 GTX has them on the front of the hood also, and they are the same. Stay between the lines, and keep the candle lit at both ends, I'm out. Geof

-
Back