Attachments

• 20141223_101545.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 703
  • 20141223_101512.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 730
Differentials in.
Subframe connectors in.
Undercoating done.
I bought a new tank. Wasn't sure how to finish it so I undercoated it. Hopefully I'll get it installed today. I put the wheels and tires back on for fun, but they all have to come off to replace the rubber brake lines and flush/bleed the brakes.

Attachments

• 20150103_142844.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 631
Here's another little project I'm working on when my A.D.D. won't let me stay focused. Not show quality, but should look good when I'm done.

Cley

Attachments

• 20150104_194218.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 678
  • 20150110_133126 (2).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 654
A little more progress today. Blasted and painted my front bumper brackets (almost done). And I installed my gas tank. The best part of that is I don't have to trip over the tank in the garage anymore! It feels good to be progressing! I might put the front bumper and grille on just so it feels like a car again!

Attachments

• 20150122_135628 (2).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 589
  • 20150122_135519 (2).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 632
Got the fuel tank and filler tube in! This allows the first piece of shiny trim to go on. I know it's just the gas cap, and it fits like crap, but I feel pretty good about it! I also put my rear marker lights on because my kids have been bugging me to do something with my Christmas presents.

I also got my interior ready to install the insulation/sound deadner. I'm going to hit up Home Depot and see what they have for me.

It's warming up here in the great white north, so i'll be pulling the drivetrain out of my old car to clean it up and install it in my red car. That's gonna feel like real progress.

Attachments

• GAS CAP.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 631
  • REAR SIDE MARKER LIGHT.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 604
Damn I want to go home home and push mine out of the garage.....
Looks great! Where did they get you the side marker lights?

The lights came from EBAY but I don't know which seller. My little girl was so happy to see them go on. "I don't know why that took so long Daddy" It made me laugh.

Cley

I had a great couple days off! The kids were home with me, so I didn't get as much done as I'd like, but they are great to have around anyway.

I got the motor and trans out of my donor car. It turns out that I have a 904, not a 727. That will teach me for blindly trusting. I loaded the motor and trans on my trailer so I can take it to a pressure washer as soon as possible.

Attachments

• MOTOR FINALLY OUT.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 593
I installed my black out grille today. I told myself it will only stay this way until the bumpers get rechromed, but I really like it. I do have a perfect original grille and bezels that will go on when the bumpers are shiny.

Attachments

• BLACK GRILLE 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 621
  • BLACK GRILLE.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 580
I took a column shift steering column apart and started modifying it into a floor shift column. It turned out great so far, although it is not done yet.

Attachments

• steering column 7.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 537
  • steering column 6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 507
  • steering column 5.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 538
  • steering column 4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 531
  • steering column 3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 528
  • steering column 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 526
  • steering column 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 540
  • steering column 0.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 520
I have been getting a lot of little things done in the last few weeks. Not in the garage near as much as I'd like to be.

Cleaned and painted the trans cross member and replaced the rubber spool mount.

Cleaned and painted the motor mounts and replaced the rubber spool mounts there too.

Replaced the rubber brake lines.

I also have my steering column collars ready to install. In hindsight, I should have never disassembled the column. I should have done it while the column was together.

I totally rebuilt the AC/heater box with a kit from DMT. What a great product. The instructions are awesome. I was really concerned about that job, but even with the hole repairs I had to do, it was a fun easy job and a great result.

Cley

Attachments

• Finished heaterbox.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Heaterbox jb weld hole repair.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 552
  • Heaterbox hole repair 2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 534
  • Heaterbox hole repair.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 548
Well I've been working on some interior pieces in the little spare time I have. The steering column worked out great in my opinion. I kept my Flintstone washer fluid squirter system because it works and I think it is cool! The Dash will be ready to go in the next couple days. I'm feeling pretty good about how things are working out.

Cley

Attachments

• 20150609_193534.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 560
  • 20150610_123339.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 498
  • Manual washer fluid pump.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 544
  • 20150610_161609.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 560
I got a week off at home with my kids while the wife is working. Between painting the house and a couple other things im getting some time to work on my car. I have the doors reassembled and windows that go up and down.

And in the picture below, you can see im about to slide in a new k member with motor, trans, headers and all! This K frame has the factory sway bar and rebuilt front suspension so it will be a great upgrade, even though it will likely only be in there till the motor gets replaced. In the picture, the old K is still there and no motor.

Attachments

• Heart transplant.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 498
Well, I got the engine, trans and K member installed. Wow is that ever the way to install an engine in one of these cars! I was hesitant, but installing the headers etc. when installing it through the top must be a real pain.

Now I can move it to my heated garage and finish it over the winter.

Cley

Attachments

• Engine is in!.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 477
I have been slowly picking away at some little things. It's nice to have it in the back garage that is dedicated to it alone. Then if I get an hour to work on it, it doesn't take a half hour to get to it before starting.

I got my rear side glass in. I got some Sound matting/Insulation installed, carpet that fit like crap is installed but I think it may just get replaced. It's not quite the right color (Dark Brown not Black) but I was going to live with it for a while because it came with the car and didn't cost me anything. It's not very well moulded so it looks kinda cheap. Not sure if I'll leave it for now or what.

The console is set in but needs to be cleaned up and painted. I made mounts for the Hurst Quarter stick I picked up at a swap meet. It looks great. The console top is from a 68 Baracuda and is quite pitted and crappy looking so I'll smooth it out and paint it body color. It should look good.

I have real decent driver quality bumpers for it now so that primered bumper will not get painted. Now I need some nice tail light chrome to match the bumpers. I need to get that vinyl roof installed so I can get a windshield in it.

I've been stockpiling parts and selling spare parts so that has been good. Vinyl top should be here any day. Weatherstrip and window gaskets are here just waiting to be installed. I bought an interior screw kit and that looks like it will be a good idea. Lots of other small things coming together. I mounted my dual snorkel scoop and I'm really happy with that. I just have to cut out below it to make it functional.

Just plugging away. If I don't have enough snow to go snowmobiling over the Christmas break then i'll get lots if time on the car then. It's been a crazy warm November/December here.

Cley

Attachments

• 20151111_154226.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 20151111_154216.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 463
Wow looking good, hopefully you have he going by the spring and the warm weather keeps up.

personally, the black grill looks great with the maroon!! you have done some damn fine and inspiring work - I recently took the race seats out of mine and put in some high-back buckets - aren't seats fun!!? Oh - way to hold your ground too - lots of others would have just sold the white one and tossed in the towel. NICE CAR.

Thanks to oldkimmer for sending me this flip top gas cap and adapter. I just got it today. Also a couple pics of my Duster shop! I have a week off coming up soon, and I can't wait to get some time back there.

Cley

Attachments

• back shop 3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 407
  • back shop 2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 376
  • back shop 1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 401
  • flip top 6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Flip top 5.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 331