Finally getting started now that it is warmer

-
I ran a modded dizzy. Initial advance was 8° BTDC total advance was 18° and I hacked together a vac/retard pot from a turbo volvo, just cut the end off of the arm and welded the stock advance arm onto it. I think I still have it kicking around in the garage. I'll see if I can get some pics up. 14° seems a lot to start with.
You're right on with the vent tube extension, I was able to get away with a 68 ( I think ) once I did that. 8lbs at full throttle running right at 11.2 AFR by the time I was done tuning it.
Pisha, that adjustable jet thing is some food for thought...wish I still had the turbo setup going to try that out... :(

Pictures would be great

OK, Here are the pics of the vac advance / boost retard pot on my stock dizzy.
The one issue that I had was that the alignment tab for the cap isn't there anymore and the cap can move, albeit just a smidge.

Attachments

• 20130405_074106 (Small).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20130405_074039 (Small).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 106
I went to drill out the pvcr and it is already at 1/16" so I am just going to leave it alone. The carb is brand new so maybe the 2 barrel carbs have a slightly larger pvcr.

The carburetor is machined, PVCR circuit at 1/16", 6.5" pv, #68 jets, nitrophyl float, choke arm and main wells / idle wells sealed according to the hangar18 mods, and vent tube extension made. Just waiting on the new gaskets to arrive so I can reassemble everything back together. Still have a long ways to go but hopefully I will be doing some testing and tuning by june!

Attachments

• carb diss.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Carb machined.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 90
Got a little work done today forming the pipes for the turbo manifold but got side tracked learning how to install the new clutch setup on the funny car.

Attachments

• funny car.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 80
That carb setup should put you real close. You'll be AMAZED at what a little boost will do for a slant. Is that a 35CFM or 500CFM carb? and what accelerator pump cam are you using? I started with the stock orange one, but went with the pink one to get rid of the throttle roll on stumble I had.

....that blower makes that block look tiny :lol:

Accel pump and cam are both stock right now. I have been debating stepping it up to a 50cc pump and buying a tuning kit for it to try out different cams. The carb is a 350 cfm.

The blower is massive and last year the car was running way too hard and it had problems hooking up. This year the old motor is back in and we are trying out a few new tricks to help with rolling resistance and drivetrain vibration.

Carb is all back together finally. Had to file a a couple small sections down on the carb to make the carb hat and spacer fit but everything fits nice and snug now. I might have to machine the spacer down a little to make it fit under the hood but for right now it looks good.

Attachments

• carb 2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 64
  • carb 1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 74
I am really going to try and have it up at the fair grounds. My shop is on the same street as the fair grounds so if it isn't running then I might tow it up there.

Turbowerx Oil Pump came today. This should be the last expensive part I need to buy (hopefully). Everything else is just going to nickel and dime me.

Attachments

• oil pump.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 66
-
Back