Finally......going into the paint booth.

-

Sport 360

MOPAR Lover
Reaction score
Fianlly, after 18 months my Dart Sport 360 is going in to be painted. It was supposed to be done last November but the shop I "was" going to use kept putting it off, and off, and off !!
It's like they didn't want my money. Oh well, found a new guy and it seems to have worked out for the better anyways. He does amazing work and will have it done this week after just dropping it off 5 days ago.

I'll post pic's when its home later this week.
:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

Attachments

• DSC09085a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC09087b.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC09089c.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 436
That's good! It seems that painters are more after insurance jobs more than anything. I don't blame them but be honest with the customer. I have been in your shoes before with the "kept putting off". I even told the painter that I will drop it off when you can "jump on it". He called me and I dropped the car off..... three weeks later he "jumped on it". I told him that I was on my way to pick the car up so that gave him some motivation. The paint job came out good however.

Keep us updated on the progress. I would ask what color but you might that to be a secret. lol

Looks nice, can't wait to see it painted. I just got mine painted and brought it home two weeks ago after two years of working on it but I tell you it sure is worth the wait to get it done right.

Nothing like getting new paint !

Do you have any paint/roller wheels ?

Hate to see those centerlines get oversrayed.

Glad to hear it's going to atleast get shot, waiting and waiting somemore is just a killer. Can't wait to see the final project.

Thanks for all the support...........I wish I got the same from my wife LOL !
Just kidding, she just looks and shakes her head, I think that means she likes it in "wife" language doesn't it ???

By the way, I should have mentioned that I'm going with the "Go Mango/Vitamin C" orange. I think the Hemi?Tor-Red is a bit to red for me.

Here is a video of the car and what has been done already:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLzm-LrEbwA"]YouTube - 75 Dodge Dart Sport 360 Project[/ame]

Looks nice, can't wait to see it painted. I just got mine painted and brought it home two weeks ago after two years of working on it but I tell you it sure is worth the wait to get it done right.

Are you putting on any stripes ??

If so, what were you told as far as how long you should wait ?

When I did my Dart I put the stripe 5 days after it was painted.

Thanks, I've been told several things (like usual).
I don't want any bubbles or peeling issues. I take it you didn't have any issues by waiting 5 days ??

Finally, the paint has been applied. Turned out great I'm very pleased with the entire job. Now I have to put back all the trim and lights. The stripes will be put on this Monday. Should be out on the streets very soon.
Here are a couple shots of the paint job. Vitamin C, looks quite different depending on the lighting.
I'll post more once the stripes and trim is on.

Attachments

• DSC09124s.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC09127s.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC09125s.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 202
Another couple pic's show the before and after.
Amazing what paint can do.
Now...................if I can only remember what I did with all those screws ???

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 189
i have listen to that car a few times on utube sounds great
looks even better post some pics of the stripes please

-
Back