Finally got a video of the dart.

-

Badart

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29209642@N00/3786346360/

Finally got the carb and timing close on the basketcase 73 swinger. Pretty happy with the combo so far. Thanks to crackedback I have a power steering coupler on the way so I can run my floor shift column from my parts car.

Here are the specs on the engine and tranny. 318 .040 over flat top pistons .060 in the hole, Comp XE256 cam, Rebuilt magnum heads with 1.6 rockers and chebby behive springs, Magnum dual plane air gap intake, Gear drive, Holley 600, Hooker comp headers. Flowmaster 40 series through 3" exhaust (I plan on running the exhaust in front of the rear tires soon)

I also installed the transgo TF-2 in the 904 and upgraded the torque convertor to a 2,200 stall from mopar performance. B&M Magnum grip shifter. Once I get it driving I will then weld in the 4-link and the narrowed 9" and detroit locker with 3.89 gears and weld in the tubs.

Elk hunting season is around the corner so once I drive it around the block it will get parked in the corner of the garage until the snow flys.

You got me thinking /V/V/V.=P~ I bet you are soooo happy :cheers:
Good sound on this end =P~=P~

I would be getting tickets if that was in my girl =P~

Tubbed out Dart's rule! when you get the rear end installed, you are going to make a video of it before it gets put up for the winter, right? I Can't wait to see it. Hell I can't wait to get mine running, mayby by next year it will run around the block.

Sounds pretty good!

That engine build is very similar to what I was going to do to the old cop car 318.

Traded it for a big block instead,lol!!

I take it the Magnum heads are stock other than the springs?

Tubbed out Dart's rule! when you get the rear end installed, you are going to make a video of it before it gets put up for the winter, right? I Can't wait to see it. Hell I can't wait to get mine running, mayby by next year it will run around the block.

Thanks overrever. The tubs and the rearend will be my winter project and I will definatly get a video once done. I also pulled a set of rear disc brakes from an explorer that I will modify to work with the 9". The 318 is just my temporary engine until I build my dream 440 727 combo, which will take a couple of years I am sure.

Sounds pretty good!

That engine build is very similar to what I was going to do to the old cop car 318.

Traded it for a big block instead,lol!!

I take it the Magnum heads are stock other than the springs?

They are stock magnums other that cleaning up the ports a little.

Very nice John, I will have to come up and see it sometime. I have been working on mine too, not near as close as you though. The car sounds great.

-
Back