FINALLY got my A body/First MOPAR!

-

Shainesboostin

Reaction score
Been lurking here for awhile. Come from a MOPAR family. My dad andid me put a 67 Charger together. It's a BB car. I've always had turbo 4cyl stuff. Have 1 now, had 2 10 sec eagle Talons. Sold to purchase this. Not super nice, but is rust free. Needs paint, clips and window trim, ect. Just a la 318. Im planning on a nitrous 5.9 magnum. Just a junkyard pull. Anyways, here it is. I'm here to learn. Pushrods and Carbs are over my head, but I'll figure it out.

FB_IMG_1472958309410.jpg

38292.jpeg

38305.jpeg

I prob have the clips, if that is all I would not complain. MOPAR world

Ha no. Not complaining. I'm super happy. Someday I hope I can get the body straight and get the trim on. But I'm super pumped. Bought electronic ignition, airgap manifold, and gears. All of it will work when I do the Magnum swap.

Theres places that sell the trim clips brand new try auveco online and a few others. Sometimes youcan buy a whole box of 25 or 50 windshield spring clips for $7-$8

Carbs, pushrods and rockers are easy. Once you figure out certain things are done mechanically and not electronically like fuel enrichment, timing advancing, etc it will blow your mind how simple these things really are. Just dont overthink it.

Magnum V8s are great but the heads on high milers can have cracking. A company called A&A specialty midwest sells new bare magnum castings beefed up where the originals fail. They offer them machined for magnum intakes, or machined for LA style pre magnum intakes. Id go with getting the ones for pre magnum intakes. Theres more variety, and prices are cheaper on used LA intakes.

Nice start to a good project.
Welcome aboard
Matt

Welcome from Georgia! enjoy your project nice looking for car.

does the 5.9 require the converter balanced like the 360 ? or no different than the 318 ?

It is! been learning alot. got along way to go, but it moves on its own. So I'm proud. even smokes the tires. lol

hey - how did I miss this!? welcome to the fray! looks like you've hit the ground running... congrats on the acquisition :thumbsup:

Nice! Welcome....love a blue car....you hit the ground running. My suggestion is not to mess with trim clips unless you are ready to paint. At that point, pull the windows, pull the seals, clean and paint prep, clips, new seals, reinstall windows, paint rest of car.

Last edited:
I have gotten good clips off eBay in bulk for front and rear. Seals can be tricky when advertised as 67-76 A body....not all the same. I used Steele rubber. Interior and under hood screw and bolt kits from a place called Mr Gs.

-
Back