Finally got my car!!!!

-

6valiant5

Reaction score
Hey I posted on here awhile ago telling you guys that I was getting a Valiant from my dad which you would know as DartCuda. Ive got big plans for this car and need some help with doing so. I want to put a 318 or bigger in it as well as a 4 speed tranny. The thing is I need help finding these, also what would you guys suggest for the best tranny to put in it for the best performance?

First,welcome to the site!Any pics?If your gonna put a V8 in,you might aswell go 360.Unless you,ve already got the 318.If you have any questions about anything regarding the swap?PM me ,I,d be glad to help any way I can.

Thanks RPM and I relly will when I get to start on it big time

I will have pics soon just need to upload them. :thebirdm: I would go with a 360 but money is the issue for that. That is why I was thinking 318.

Welcome aboard, what tranny do you think would be best for the kind of driving you will do with the car? If your going to be doing alot of cruising maybe an automatic would be best. If you are wanting to run it and like to play with the throttle a 4spd would be fun. I will let you know I am building my 4spd early-A now.

Oh so now you are thinking 4 speed, that would be a lot of fun as you know from when I converted the Dart to a 4 speed...And you know you could always sell that non Mopar Cutles to fund the 360...lol We will have ot ge the litle bit of body work finished on it and at least get it into primer for now...I will post a pic or 2 on here for you as I still have some on my computer... Ok thought I still had more on here, but here is a few that i do still have on here

Hey I posted on here awhile ago telling you guys that I was getting a Valiant from my dad which you would know as DartCuda. Ive got big plans for this car and need some help with doing so. I want to put a 318 or bigger in it as well as a 4 speed tranny. The thing is I need help finding these, also what would you guys suggest for the best tranny to put in it for the best performance?
Welcome 6valiant5 :cheers: You dad has been alot of help here and a great member :happy10: I have a set of LA exhaust manifolds from a 318 Dakota that I have been saving if I ever go V8 in Victoria, My 66 Valiant.
I have been told buy many folks that they will work in the ealy A's and if you go automatic it will give you more room for exhoust on the drivers side.
The Zbar for your clutch makes it tight but I have been told they will work.
A good RV cam and a good 4 barrel will move your Valiant very nicely.:-D
Have fun with it and keep us updated 6valiant5.

Vic I want to get a 4 speed cause im going to do some cruising but I want it to be able to just go out and romp on people not going to lie thats why I want to go with the 4 speed

Darcuda yea I know and now you got that sweet pistol grip. When you see the cutty you will like it trust me lol yea we really need to primer that thing soon. Thanks for putting pics up.

memike Thanks for the insight and yea I cant wait

So did you get the Valiant lic'ed yet or are you still waiting for the title from Or. And I really doubt I will be inpressed with the cutty...lol It's not a Mopar

Thanks RPM and I relly will when I get to start on it big time

I will have pics soon just need to upload them. :thebirdm: I would go with a 360 but money is the issue for that. That is why I was thinking 318.
Right back at ya!:thebirdm:

-
Back