Finally got the Lunati 60403

-
I'd be interested to know how it performs and sounds at idle. I just ordered a 60404 ( the next one larger) for my 340, and just recieved it as well, but not quite ready to install it, as I'm working on a 2nd hood with a six pack scoop to clear the M1 intake that will be going in at the same time. I'm also running aluminum heads, and TTI step headers with 430 gears. I currently have a 509 lift cam.

Fired right up last night. I'll flushout the breakin oil tonight and get some fresh oil in there....then drive it and see how it does. around 30 min to breakin the cam. Has a decent idle even after 30min of running so im curious on how it will sounds when its cold.

I have some videos but I will take more this afternoon once I drive it.

Stay tuned...

I wanted to run that cam in my 340 but wasn't sure what valve springs, retainers, locks to use. I heard I had to do something to my x heads for the new spring height? Lmk, I'm, interested on how your set up runs.

I wanted to run that cam in my 340 but wasn't sure what valve springs, retainers, locks to use. I heard I had to do something to my x heads for the new spring height? Lmk, I'm, interested on how your set up runs.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=193577

I didnt go the proper route when I did this setup. I went with a single spring froms Hughes (spring #1110) with matching retainers and locks vs the double spring that Lunati recommended. The single spring /w damper was approved by Lunati when I called them...tho they will age quicker i assume. I had new bronze valve guides installed and had mild porting on my heads as well. I might have had a little luck because my retainer-to-guide clearence would have allowed me to go up past a .600" lift. Typically anything above .500" lift you need to make sure you have proper clearence. Thing runs great and pulls right up to 6,000 rpm no problem. Any questions let me know.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=193577

I didnt go the proper route when I did this setup. I went with a single spring froms Hughes (spring #1110) with matching retainers and locks vs the double spring that Lunati recommended. The single spring /w damper was approved by Lunati when I called them...tho they will age quicker i assume. I had new bronze valve guides installed and had mild porting on my heads as well. I might have had a little luck because my retainer-to-guide clearence would have allowed me to go up past a .600" lift. Typically anything above .500" lift you need to make sure you have proper clearence. Thing runs great and pulls right up to 6,000 rpm no problem. Any questions let me know.

I did the same thing using "approved" comp springs........ Ten thousand miles later I couldn't get 5K out of her......

UGH

Lunati knows their **** when it comes to what components they need, but, to most here with street toys, 10K is like 3 years.

I'd be interested to know how it performs and sounds at idle. I just ordered a 60404 ( the next one larger) for my 340, and just recieved it as well, but not quite ready to install it, as I'm working on a 2nd hood with a six pack scoop to clear the M1 intake that will be going in at the same time. I'm also running aluminum heads, and TTI step headers with 430 gears. I currently have a 509 lift cam.

If you're having second thoughts, I'll swap you my new 60304 dead even. I ain't skeered.

Can't wait to hear it from idle through the power band. Nice to know it's not too big for a 318. I'm sure the lift scares some people off but the duration @.050 is a manageable number. I'll have to check in later when the movie comes out. LOL
tmm

Now comes the big question. Do you feel any noticeable power improvement over you previous setup? Any differences through the power band, stronger down low or up at high rpm?

By far the most noticable difference was the elimination of all flat spots throughout the power band...especially at lower RPM's. Now that i have the timing set i can really tell a difference with 2k-5k power....great power thru 6k (which is all the higher i go).

Overall a much more consistent cam than the purple shaft...

I just installed my 60404 as well, last week , and man, does this thing pull hard right to 6800 rpm..... I love it, I'v had a lot of guys at the cruise nights wanna know what I'm running for a cam, as this thing sounds awsome when idling. It makes my old 509 seem like nothing.

Its all Voodoo magic. The most powerful off the shelf line of cams out there. Period.

Those Voodoo cams are some of my favorite grinds. If I was still using a flat tappet, I would be using one of them.

They come in flat tappet and roller, both hydraulic and solid. I have made a LOT of power from these cams. 650+HP 575TQ on a 416 small block with the 60434, and 650HP/TQ from a 505 with the 60334.

-
Back