Finally...LCA bushing videos...

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
Jim Lusk submitted a new Article:

Finally...LCA bushing videos...

After years of saying that I would make the videos on the removal and installation of Mopar lower control arm bushings, I finally did. It's only taken five years to get around to it and another two and a half months since I filmed the action to get the edits done. All this while retired, but extremely busy. As somebody once told me, "I can't figure out how I had time to work..."

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job on the tutorial videos. I'm sure these will help members for many years :)

Adding this to our "How To Articles" section!

Jim.
Good video's.
Thank's for taking the time to put them together.
Decades ago, you taught me that method of removing the shell that's left on the shaft, with hammering it on the vice, while talking to you at one of the Pick-N-Pull wrecking yards.
Now the next time i do another pair of LCA's I'm going to have and do your method of installing the shaft and bushing, back into the LCA.
I call yours the upside down method.
I have been using some plumbing pipe about 7 or 8 inches long, the outer diameter of the bushing shell, and putting it over the shaft, and then pressing everything back into the LCA.
But again, thank's for teaching me another of your methods.
I wouldn't have thought of that, until viewing your video's.
Jim V.
hemi71x

You must be a lot stronger than me, in my old age. LOL
It takes a lot of "oomph" to thread that 1 3/8 tap into the bushing, even with lubricating the threads, on the tap.
You needed a larger wrench for that job, or a socket, and big breaker bar, or ratchet.
But i have a large 3/4 drive ratchet that's probably 2 feet in length, for that portion of the job.
Not everyone has 3/4 drive tools, in their toolbox.

Last edited:
Yes, just slice it off. I didn't get video of that part. I think I prefer the welded washer method better, though.

-
Back