Finally some pic's of my 1970 Duster

-

siacs

Reaction score
Just got back from the exhast shop and since it was out of the carport I thought I would take a couple of pic's and share with everyone. Still a work in progress but it is comming along

IMG_0025 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0028 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0029 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0030 (Custom).JPG

A little history on this Duster. I traded a waterbed for it about 8 years ago, what bargin. It had a 318/904 it ran and drove but had a screamming squeal (spun mains) It now has a 360 magnum right out of a 95 ish ram (it was sitting on a frame out behind a trailer house just north of here it came with the 518 4sp overdrive tranny and computer (very wierd circumstances). I had it all installed but couldn't find enough info in 1998 to get it going. Off went the EFI for a Mopar dualplane Eldebrock carb and a electronic dist. I even kept the sepentine belt setup. I traded the tranny for a rebuilt 727 with a kit to a local tranny shop. I just installed a posi with 4:30 gears a little low but it is way fun. Last weekend we did the driver 1/4 it had a small amount of rust, passenger side will be this weekend. Then it is prep for paint. I have dragged this car around for years and finally we are getting somewhere.
I really enjoy this site and all of the people here as I do not know any Mopar people here in Tucson

Your car is looking good! I remember when Dusters were a dime-a-dozen, or close to it. Now they've become damn near impossible to find out here in N.Y. They've either been driven into the ground and they disintergrated....or they just rotted out & disintergrated. You have a good start there. I know all the rubber & plastic is gone due to the heat & sun, but that's what happens to sheetmetal up here in the snow.

4:30's ? I know what you mean by fun...I have 4:10's in my car.:burnout:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is a great start. It is hard to tell in the pictures with all of the dirt and greasy hand prints, but this car is really straight and very minor rust. We are getting ready to start blocking it down and get it ready for color now that is not so hot outside. Hmmm what color shall I use???? I haven't decided yet. The original color was that medium blue I need to check the fender tag to see the color code. Still trying to choose

4.30's? Damn, and I thought the 3.55's were fun behind my 318...haha! Sweet ride BTW.

-
Back