Finally: TTI's installed

-

tom340

Reaction score
Was beginning to believe I would never live long enough to see the day I finally purchased and installed them. Was using the original equipment '68-'70 manifolds on my stroked smallblock since spring '08. Ran them through brand new 2 1/2" tti exhaust system & dynomax. I knew those manifolds killed my torque and HP from the 428 dyno HP (they used small tube-dented up Chevy headers for dyno run) so finally be able to experience the extra 40 or so ponies I've been missing. Carb needs a tune now as well, massive lean bog. Nothing the chassis dyno tuner can't take care of.

I have a pair of almost new 2 1/2" TTI engine pipes (manifolds to H-pipe) if anyones interested. dont even know what they are worth, if someone has a project they are working on and lives somewhat local to CT might save ya a few bucks..

Just wanted to add the p/n of the engine pipes since I've been getting request about them. A25RE and A25LE. Yes they are aluminized. Fits 67-76 A body. Can see them on the TTI website, they sell new for $178.00 pair. The flanges mount flush to the manifolds, as I had a request for the "balljoint" flange for an early A body Barracuda

BTW, finally got my a$$ down for a full dyno tune. Carb tuning and timing needed attention, had no idea it was that far off. Picked up more than 30 additional peak HP, but I was more impressed with how the car reacts from part throttle and its overall acceleration gain from any RPM. He found the seconderies were not adjusted correctly either, now it accelerates much more violently. Jeff estimates I'm now @ 450-455 at the crank if the headers were uncorked. With the full exhaust in place I'm at 410, 345 rwhp. Looking forward to running the car again at Musclepalooza - Lebanon Valley. If anyone knows where i can get some 15" sbp steel wheels (nuthin fancy) to mount a pair of drag radials would appreciate. Prob a 15 x7 to run a similar size to my 255 60 15's

whats your setup?

Pretty mild. Original 340 block .030 over, stroked to 372. KB forged pistons, not sure if Mike used 10.5 or 11.0:1 pistons but he used a thick gasket to lower to 9.9:1. Custom UltraDyne Hyd. cam .500 Lift, and I think was 222-226 dur @ .050 or 224 -230 @ .050. LSA 112. I had to use the factory manifolds for a few years so he chose a grind to work well with the restrictive exhaust. MP ecm, MSD dist. Edelbrock RPM Performer, and a huge :) 650 cfm avs thunder series carb which seems to love this motor. The heads are stock iron 308's, no porting. Converted to the bigger valves same as the 68-70 heads. Of course now the tti headers are finally in. (Max power is at 5700 RPM). Custom built 10" converter by my buddy Lenny which provides me with 4700 flash RPM. Thats about it.

Same heads are going to be Stage II ported by Shady and matched with a more aggressive roller cam later this year to take advantage of the porting, but still be streetable.

Pretty mild. Original 340 block .030 over, stroked to 372. KB forged pistons, not sure if Mike used 10.5 or 11.0:1 pistons but he used a thick gasket to lower to 9.9:1. Custom UltraDyne Hyd. cam .500 Lift, and I think was 222-226 dur @ .050 or 224 -230 @ .050. LSA 112. I had to use the factory manifolds for a few years so he chose a grind to work well with the restrictive exhaust. MP ecm, MSD dist. Edelbrock RPM Performer, and a huge :) 650 cfm avs thunder series carb which seems to love this motor. The heads are stock iron 308's, no porting. Converted to the bigger valves same as the 68-70 heads. Of course now the tti headers are finally in. (Max power is at 5700 RPM). Custom built 10" converter by my buddy Lenny which provides me with 4700 flash RPM. Thats about it.

Same heads are going to be Stage II ported by Shady and matched with a more aggressive roller cam later this year to take advantage of the porting, but still be streetable.

428 HP on a engine dyno with that 372 cid, cam, and small carb is pretty impressive.

What has the car ran at the track?

428 HP on a engine dyno with that 372 cid, cam, and small carb is pretty impressive.

What has the car ran at the track?

LOL, yea at the Mopar day up in Lebanon Valley. You dont want to know my reaction times, 'cause I prefer to forget them. I really should have gone to a normal Sat. test&tune to play first.
I have had three unfortunate, but fun trips down the track to date. 1st run was my "hope it stays together" shut it down run at 1000 ft. I did a 13.95 @ 99.9 on the partial run. Next time I loaded up the converter and left at 3500+..BAD idea. This was when me and George (George R) lined up together to race. Got all kinds of sideways but I think the MPH was either 106 or 108 so I knew the car could run despite the STOCK manifolds. Last run, all psyched up to get into the 12's and lined up against a weekly drag racer w/radial slicks on a Neon SRT. His dial in was 12.9. I left easy at 2500 rpm and was pulling away from him, but as it turns out 4th gear in my 3 speed auto is actually N and I freaked out worried I might blow it up and watched the Neon go by me mid track. I coasted to a 13.8 at 100.
Upcoming Musclepalooza I'll be there, want to race again but Im sure the day will be another mad house clusterf*** . really would like to just relax and play around with getting good reaction times and 60'

Hi Tom! John here, ( the guy with the white superbird) It was nice to meet you at Bogies mopar show a few weeks ago. I was just reading your thread here, and was wondering if you ever found any small bolt wheels? If not I have some for sale. I ended up with two sets of small bolt 15 X 7 rallys from speciality wheels. Looking to get 150.00 for a pair ( 2 wheels) used but in good shape. Need cleaning and painting. I also have a pair of brand new ones still in the boxes, also 15X7. 200.00 for that pair. let me know if your interested. John

-
Back