Finally!!!

-

66vert

Reaction score
Hello from enfield Nova Scotia,every year as the weather breaks I get the urge to put the car back together.This year is no different but atleast I have the garage cleaned out and surprise there was a 66 american valiant convert there.LoL.
The car was purchased around 2000 (mostly in boxes).The guy I purchased it from picked it up in florida many years ago but never finished it(seems to be a theme with this car.
The good:cheers:
1 engine rebuilt 225 slant
2 trans rebuilt
3 very little surface rust
4 new interior purchased
5 brakes 1/2 done have all new parts
6 the best is I have a good group of mopar guys willing to help out
The bad=P~
1 need weather strip and curtain for roof
2 not sure about hyd for roof as it is apart but looks fine
3 car is yellow like to go light blue (int is black)
Biggest problem is myself just can't stay focussed but since joining the sight seems to give me a little push .You've got to admit that when your 8 yr old asks if it will be ready when she's 16 it's time you did something.:clock:

Thanks for the sight and i will try to get some picks

thanks
Glenn

Glen, try and get into the habit of breaking the job up so it isn't one huge, overwhelming, task in front of you. Pick a spot to start on a particular job, then finish that one door, or fender, or whatever, then move on to the next small task. Once you set your focus on one small portion of the car at a time, then don't move on until that particular job is completed, it becomes easier to keep your nose to the grindstone. Before you know it you'll get 'er done.

As for the 'urge' to put the car back together, think of it this way. If you have the urge to make love to your wife, but don't follow through on that urge, then neither of you is gettin' any. :)

Thanks Sid ,the biggest problem was to paint or put it together and get any bugs worked out also paint colour .Since the car is totally dismantled thinking of painting and as most parts are new I shouldn't have too many issues except the odd missing trim,as I have new everything( alt,starter fuel pump
all new lines wheel cylinders and master cylinder ,not much left $2000 at most in parts not including paint but I have a few friends that will help with that).
Maybe I will get some pics and put it in the resto forum and try that.
Glenn
ps anybody have pics or paint colour options as the wife and kids don't care for the yellow and neither do I

Hey Glenn, welcome to the site from a fellow Maritimer. Pics are a must around here so that is your first job. Everybody gets their motivation from somewhere, mine was everybody I new saying "you will never finish that old piece of junk".

It sounds like you have a very solid foundation to work on.

Get ready for the "Are you going to the Nat's in Moncton?" questions. They will be coming. LOL A few of us are meeting there.

Jack

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?

Welcome Glen, Take a look at what we here at forabodiesonly have in this thread and let the family look them over, Just click the thread ubove and it will take yo to members photo's! It is in the tool barr above too.
You have a great buid to start and like Oldvart said start some where and enjoy every minute you get to spend with it.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here to help you along.
I am just getting started on my /6 ! parts are rolling in and These folks here has made it easy for me to make the right dicisitions.
Jump on in and enjoy 66vert

Thanks Jack,never did get to the nat's in moncton but I have been to spring fling in la and thinking of going this year .Funny how a guy can find time to fly 5hrs but can't find time for a day trip.Must be the time of year ,
Hope to make it this year as some of the boy's did go last year but I was working
again thanks
Glenn

Thanks memike,just have to keep myself from buying a bike as I have the urge but also a vert will be much better for the family as last bike was a pain(take kids to sitter go home get bike work,home,kids )you get the picture.
thanks
Glenn

Welcome aboard Glenn! You've found the best website out there for this hobby we all love and adore so much, and you'll find all the parts and advice you need right here. We're glad to have ya! Post some pics when you can.
Everybody gets their motivation from somewhere, mine was everybody I new saying "you will never finish that old piece of junk".
Jack, that statement brought back some memories for me. One of my best friends had seven words he'd always say to me every time he saw my Cuda sitting in the garage: "That [POS] will never run." On November 10, 2005 (14 years into ownership), he was the first person I called -- long distance from my cell phone in the yard -- after it ran for the very first time. "Mike, remember those seven words you always said to me? Well, listen to THIS!" and I hit the key. We both cried like babies ... and I've never heard those words from him since.

We're all ready to hear your first-fire-up story when you get it together Glenn.

Hurray another maritimer,that would make you the 12th one I believe. I hope you are able to make it to the Atlnatic Nationals in Moncton july 10-13, like Jack said. We should be at least 6 of us there getting together maybe as much as 11
Anyway welcome aboard and if you have any questions ask away...lots of savy people around...somebody will have your answer
[email protected]

66vert, welcome to the site from new brunswick, here is a link to the 66 paint chips http://www.eastcoastmusclecars.net/dodgeplymouthpaintchips/1966-plymouth-pc.jpg

Once you get sarted stay at it doesnt sound that bad; I have the shell of a 70 dart that i started with but i am recovering from a sever stroke hopefully I'll get back to the car. The is quite of bit of work before the paint so you can decide on the color befoer you get to that point so have at 'er and it will come together peice by piece, good luck and ask all the questions yuo need.

Glen, I don't know why you're having such a hard time choosing a colour for your 66. Mine still had the original EE1, dark blue metalic on it when I got it 30 years ago. Since then I've had 2 different shades of lighter blue on it. This time it's going Viper Red.......or Dodge truck blue......or silver.........or white........or........???

So, make up your mind man, and paint the poor thing. :)

Welcome...I'm sure you'll pull things off just fine. Lot of help and suggestions here!:cheers:

2052882_3.jpg

-
Back