Finding a M/C boot holder plate things????

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to find one of those plastic plates that the mc dust boot clips on to and is samwiched between the firewall and mc. I've looked at Mancini, Year One, Classic ind. Not having much luck. Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

CE

Attachments

• IMG_20151114_220624_680.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 165
1968 must have changed to the dual reservoir MC. My 1964 & 65 cars had a single-pot MC. The rubber dust-boot in those was secured by a metal plate that bolts to the aft end of the MC. The metal plate also served to keep the MC piston from coming out of the bore. When one buys a manual MC for those years, it usually comes with a new dust boot and brake rod. You might see if that is still true for 1968 manual MC's. I expect they do because the rod must be secured in the MC piston so they probably ship it all ready to install.

1968 must have changed to the dual reservoir MC. My 1964 & 65 cars had a single-pot MC. The rubber dust-boot in those was secured by a metal plate that bolts to the aft end of the MC. The metal plate also served to keep the MC piston from coming out of the bore. When one buys a manual MC for those years, it usually comes with a new dust boot and brake rod. You might see if that is still true for 1968 manual MC's. I expect they do because the rod must be secured in the MC piston so they probably ship it all ready to install.

I was thinking along those lines nut someone gave me a new m/C sans the rod, boot, plate, etc. I pulled the old rod and boot but would like to replace the plastic plate alone.

I'll amend my post. I was on rockauto the other day and noticed none of the 2-pot manual MC's (~1967+) come w/ brake rod & dust boot. They are nicer on early 1-pot MC's, but I changed all my early cars to a dual reservoir MC.

-
Back