finding disk brake for my 72 swinger

-

moparbrian72

Reaction score
I have been looking for 2 years now, no junk yard around me has any cars the oldes they have are in the 80's. I have found acouple different swap meets but they wanted any where from 800.00 to like 1000.00 :cussing: for them. I thought that was too much for them.
I have a 72 swinger with 4 wheel drum and I want to change to disk up front. I am running a 400 bored 30 over 12.5 to 1 the motor dynoed at 720 HP.
So I need more stoping power any help on where I can find a junk yard I can get them from or anywhere eles would be very help full
I live in North West Indiana Thank you Brian

There's a set advertised on bigblockdart right now. Five hundred something. You can also get tubular upper control arms and use F/M/J body spindles.

are you wanting to still keep bolt pattern if so my 72 has front disk and Im getting ready to convert to big bolt pattern Thanks

Brian, you should check Ebay and your local papers for a donor car that has disc brakes on it. There are quite a few around. This way you get all the parts you need for the switchover to your car (upper control arm, spindles, rotors, discs, metering block, brake lines, etc.). I picked up a 1975 Duster off Ebay about a month ago for around a third of the prices you have. Plus, it may have other parts on it you can use, or even sell. Once your done with it call a scrapyard to pick it up and give you $50. Just my opinion. Mike

-
Back