Finding the right parts

-

Jere Hodges

Reaction score
Does anyone know who sells the two-chamber master cylinder that was available for heavy-duty use 1964 Darts? I remember my 64 sedan had a two-chamber master, but my 64 GT convertible has the single-chamber master. I've found a two-chamber, but it doesn't come with the plunger that attaches to the brake pedal mechanism. The single-chamber I found does have it, but I want a two-chamber that comes complete with the plunger. Or am I over-thinking the whole thing?

Also, does anyone have a clean 64 GT hood emblem? On mine, the plastic is all cracked up. I've seen someone selling NOS 270 emblems, but not the GT emblem.

Dual circuit masters weren’t till 67 you would need to swap the rod over there is a rubber retainer get a new one it will rip when removing and not all masters come with them.

As mentioned by Bogie, your '64 with a dual reservoir must have been converted before you got it. If your brakes are still drum and manual (shame on you! :poke::lol:) use the '67 up drum brake master for manual brakes. If it's been changed to disc, use one with a 15/16" diameter piston for manual disc brakes.

-
Back