fine69's dog dishes

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
we finally put the dog dishes that she bought at e-town on her car today.... what do you guys think? even with the white walls i think they look better.... she still wants to clean them up and paint the wheels body color but for now they will do....

54684486.jpg

54684483.jpg

Thanks for posting them...I so need to learn to work the camera....lol.

Now looking at one right after the other the dishes are much more sporty looking....yep I like the white walls too, (my car my way)...can't wait to paint the rims though it will give it more of a finished look.

i think they look good, but still pretty plain.
well, to plain for me, but im a child of excess... and i like, what do they call it? "BLING" ?.. heh

I think raised white letters would look better (racier) than the whitewall stripes. But the dogdish covers are definately better than the full hubcaps. Nice lookin' Dart. :)

Yep, paint the rims body color and go with the raised white letter tires. They will look racier than the white ovals. Just my 2 cents worth. Love the Dog Dish caps though.

Looking good Joe and Fine! Big improvement!! I'm still thinking about those "Mag Style" Caps
we saw at E Town! MAN I love those things!!!!! $350 For the set was steep though!

I love dog dishes. I have 2 sets and nothing to use them on.

Gott get rid of the white walls though.

its a 64 valiant with a 440 in it. i built it in the early 90's and took it apart in about 1998. it used to run pretty good... i never got the chance to run with slicks though.... with a 205/75/14 street tire (not street slick) it would go mid 12's. i really had to baby it off of the line though. and i was only rinning 3:55's. would have liked to put a nice slick and a set of 4:10's in it and see what it ran..... but money was and still is tight so i couldn't do it... i ended up putting the whole drive train in a 72 demon which i think ran better then the valiant but i never got to see at the track.. i ended up selling that to buy my house.... here is the demon it all went into..

25020140.jpg

41558504.jpg

HawaiiDuster said:
The dog dishes look a lot nicer than those tin frisbees 8) Body color or black, either way looks good....just get rid of the whitewalls :p

yea i think it would look better with either white letters or black walls but its her car and she likes the white walls.... i'm definatley going to paint the rims body color though... and i will work on her with the white walls....lol. she did see this rr fri night and commented that the white letters really looked good so we will see....

55001718.jpg

I should check the boards more often...I am getting teased and can't defend myself.... :wink:

I did like the RR, the white letters makes it look sportier...I am trying to keep it as much orginal (as when I got it) as possible until I can afford to make the big changes.....we will see....Abody is right though...my car, my way. I am glad to finally see the man at admit it....lol.

hopefully the rims will be getting painted soon and I think we are going to be cleaning up the engine compartment.....paint is ordered.

Something tlls me I am going to get hounded for the white walls from now on...lol.

I can understand wanting to keep it as original as possible. I got my 65 Valiant from the original owner and as much as I would like to just tear into it and start modifying it, I can't. At least not yet. I have been collecting parts for it (8 3/4, dual quad 273 manifold, clutch pedals,etc) but just haven't been able to get myself to do it. Maybe when I get back from my trip :wink:

I have a set of W/W on my '73 Duster. People see this old grey-haired man driving this old car and think, "How nice"! Then I hammer it and smoke those babies. I like it being "stock looking". You never get over the 'high' you get from a good launch! :lol:

-
Back