Finished my valve covers

-

19blockhead72

Reaction score
I found these old Edelbrock cast valve covers for my 408 Dart Sport. Glass beaded and painted with VHT wrinkle paint. Got some negative feed back from the older guys, what do you think of them?

20170421_183754.jpg

Looks nice! I have seen the tops of the fins unpainted and that looks good too to break up the style of them. But what matters is your happiness.

I like 'em and i'm an older guy...........
What ore you planning to do with the hole in the front knock out?

Looks nice! I have seen the tops of the fins unpainted and that looks good too to break up the style of them. But what matters is your happiness.

my thoughts exactly
polish the fins, and it will fit in much better with the aluminum intake and polished brake fluid reservoir

not saying it looks bad, just saying i think i could look better

Not sure what those old guys were talking about, those look awesome, nice work

Not my cup of tea but just because we have varied opinions doesn't make anyone a 'hater'... hell I have some stock chromed ones on my sb 383 with mig welded breathers on 'em. Ugly as sin but they work ok with stock rockers.... not so good with the T&D's.

..we all can't like the same thing or there would only be one car done one way!
Having said that, i'm not a fan of jewelry on my cars but i don't hate cars with a bit.

Well done. I like them being different. You used your imagination, that's what our hobby is supposed to be about!
P.S. I'm an old guy too.

Thanks for the compliments and the honesty. I like how they turned out and I think for the most part others will too.

20170423_145256.jpg

-
Back