Finished suspension, brakes and wheels.

-
i only had to remove a small corner of metal that was sticking out only on the driver side fender..The fender looked like it had a small stamping defect.I hope these pictures help you with your project.

With a 17" rim you could run more than 4.5" backspacing in the front. 5" to 5.5 will work up there. If you did that you could run 245/45/17. Maybe the same 255/45/17's that you run in the rear if you could manage 5.5" backspacing.

Of course if you run that much backspacing the front rims would not match and be able to rotate with the rears easily.

Or.....

Someone might be able to run a B-body 8 3/4 rear end 65-67 or the wider 68-70 and the 5" to 5.5" backspacing would make up for the wider rear end. That could factor into the deal as a savings on an expensive a-body 8 3/4 rear. Even the 8 1/4 A-body rears are getting expensive.

So hkeller, you've got a real good system going on there. Any thoughts about bringing it down the the Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs next May and get it on the track????

Your setup is not much different than mine. Run it! It was a blast you'll never forget!

Your car looks GREAT!!! Very nicely done. :notworth:

Nice last 3 numbers of your license plate.

With a 17" rim you could run more than 4.5" backspacing in the front. 5" to 5.5 will work up there. If you did that you could run 245/45/17. Maybe the same 255/45/17's that you run in the rear if you could manage 5.5" backspacing.

autoxcuda
Do you know of anybody who makes wheels in the small bolt pattern with these types of offsets? I've redone the calculations & finally decided that if I offset the rear springs I can run a good sized tire but I need a lot of positive backspacing. What I need is about 1 1/8" positive offset to center the rear wheels in the wheelwells.

These are the wheels sizes I could use & their respective backspacings;

7” rim 5 1/8”
8” rim 5 5/8”
8 1/2” rim 5 7/8”
9” rim 6 1/8”
9 1/2" rim 6 3/8”
10” rim 6 5/8”

If anybody comes across anything like this I'd appreciate it if they'd let me know. So far, the best thing I've been able to come up with is steelies with a custom offset.

:burnout:

Dodgenut,
No problems with rubbing in the rear at all..The exhaust was installed by a local shop. The only thing i had to change was the crossmember to provide clearance on the right side. I did not want the pipe to hang way low and cause clearance issues.

Very nice car man! So do you have offset spring hangers in the rear??

-
Back