Finished suspension, brakes and wheels.

-

BubbaCuda

Reaction score
I Finished suspension, brakes and rear axle all switched over to BBP.I am really happy with the way the 65 handles.Its stays really flat around corners with no body roll I can finally stop without any worries. Also that Firm feel stuff is the best. The sway bars bolted in perfect. The directions were clear with color pictures.The hardware was all grade 8 and the bars were powder coated with greaseable bushings.I saw some recent sway bar questions posted and was really concerned that i was goig to have issues.I had a liitle problem with noisy rear end gears but the builder fixed the problem by using OEM gear instead of Sierra Gears . Also i had to grind a sharp corner from my fender that was hitting the tire when backing up in full lock position. I included my running list of upgrades in case anyone has questions. Im going to need some recommendations for the 360 but i will ask in a seperate post on recommendations for a streetable build.

• 74 Duster 8 1/4 rear end BBP
• Rear end 373 OEM gears
• Dana Trac Lock
• Shortened drive shaft 1.6 inches
• 74 dodge dart disc brakes (moog upper and lower ball joints and a-arm bushings)
• 74 Dart calipers and brakes
• 74 Dodge pickup 11” backing plates
• 74 Plymouth Grand Fury rear brake drums 11x2
• 74 Plymouth Grand Fury rear shoes, springs, wheel cylinders
• Coy wheels 17” 4.5 backspacing
• BF Goodridge 255 45 17 rear / 225 50 17 front
• Firm feel stuff
1. Sway bars front and rear
2. Strut rod bushings
3. Front leaf hanger using upper 1.5 drop position
4. 11/16 tie rod ends
• Hurst line lock
• Aluminum M/C 1 1/16 with heat shield

CIMG4405.jpg

CIMG4406.jpg

That is one sweet fish! :thumrigh:
Front and rear sway bars are the next thing on the list for my 73 dart.

I second that on the sway bars. My dart is anything but flat on the corners!! Can you tell me more about the tt diff?

Awesome work and a great looking ride!!!

I am currently in the middle of swapping the BBP front disc and rear end assy from a 73 Dart onto my 66 Barracuda.

Thanks
I was going to it stock until you guys on this forum influenced me with all your projects.. This site is the best and daily i look forward to reading about everyone's projects.

Nice Cuda!!
hkeller are your rims the same width front and rear? You show 17" with 4.5 back spacing but what width?
Your car has a great stance!

It brakes great. i don't have to worry about being cut off and not being able to stop in time..I was always worried about the original drums..

wow that cuda looks ausome, the rim look great. thanks for posting the pics i am thinking of putting the same ones on my 65 custom100, but i was not sure how they would look. well now i know that they will look great thanks again

I`m generally not a fan of wheels over 15" on these old cars, but yours look great! Nice job on the suspension and brakes too, that`s what many people seem to overlook when modifiying our cars, they`re always interested in the go fast stuff and not the stop fast stuff.

Your car looks great, good to hear it handles well. Do you have a pic of your fender area that you had to trim? Im wanting to go with 17x7s to. Also, do you have a pic of your car directly from the front or back? im curious how the 17x7s look in width.

i only had to remove a small corner of metal that was sticking out only on the driver side fender..The fender looked like it had a small stamping defect.I hope these pictures help you with your project.

fender copy.jpg

CIMG4469.jpg

That's the same place where the tire used to catch on my 64. Only on a sharp right turn into an uphill driveway. Every time on our main cruise street. We turned around on one end in a parking lot & it always caught on the driver's side fender just a bit when I turned in. It made a little "thump" noise. I got used to it. Later went from a 70 series tire in front to a 60 series & the problem went away.

what size are a those meats in the back. 235? 245? 255?

ooops nevermind. 255/45/17 didn't look at the first list of stuff.

That's the look I'm going for on mine with the offset hangers. Maybe I can go wider but that looks plenty wide to me.

Thanks for the pic. Man, if those are 17x7 in the rear those look wide enough for me. So no rubbing against the springs? i guess if there was, you could always get a spacer right? I was concerned 17s would look too big on the early a's but i think they look perfect.
Also noticed you had dual exhaust with turn downs, nice touch. Did you do the exhaust yourself, if so did you have any big issues getting around your gas tank?

-
Back