finished trunks

-

74valiant

Reaction score
who here has finished their trunks off. i want to move my battery to the trunk, and add a second one for the stereo. i want them hidden behind the rear seat along with the amps. id also like to mount a sub in the drivers fender well, and put a panel up to cover up the jack. im unsure of how to finish everything and mount it . id prefer not to screw into the sheetmetal. has anyone done something like this or have any ideas??

thanks for the help jason

I just slapped some carpet in mine and ran it up the insides of the fenders to give it a little more complete look. I would think you would pretty much just need to break out the cardboard and start making some test panels to figure out what you like. After that just make them in MDF or fiberglass or something and carpet them separately. I would try to just make stuff press fit or form fitting where you can so you can get it out easier and don't necessarily need to worry about making brackets or anything. I would love to see some pictures of finished trunks though, I'm sure there's lots of ideas out there.

im not sure this is what ur asking but im currently (yesterdayand today)in my 77 dodge aspen trunk . im laying down some dupli color truck bedliner on the floor of the trunk for quick cleaning and durrability not forgeting the corrsion and rust proof.its turning out awesome and very clean i will put pics of mine since no else has but mines still in the works sonot all the way done. og did i mention that the bedliner is also a road noise deadner...brush on in hard to reach areas and rubber texture roller the easy flat spots. pis later. =)

-
Back