firecore billet distributor

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
my new fire core distributor from Mancini got here today, overall it's a very nice pics, quality looks and feels great. took me about 5 min to pull the plate off and lock it out, the diameter of the cap is a good bit smaller than the msd which is nice for clearance. I'm very happy with it and can't wait to get it in and fire up the dart.....btw, it's replacing a piece of s*** 440 source/proximo distributor

here it is
IMG_20160915_182152986.jpg

i liked those. only thing i didn't like is under the cap is set up like a chrysler dist.. i thought it would be better to use a set up thats easy to change the springs and all like a HEI or MSD

that is true, to pop the cap and have the weights/springs right on top....but I don't mind pulling a few screws and a roll pin lol

looks like a nice piece. I hope it adds some reliability to your build. I'm looking forward to the outcome of the 383 build after all the kinks are worked out.

^yea me too, it should run pretty good, I'm waiting on a 440 source water pump and their head bolts"which are actually very nice" should be here tomorrow. so by the end if the weekend I should have it back in the car!.

here's a quick question, I've never had a locked out distributor, so when installing do I set engine to tdc firing, then back it off about 34 degrees btc and install?

well the distributor was flawless, I've always had slight trouble getting these engines to fire right up, so I locked out the firecore distributor, set it to 35* btdc and it fired up the first revolution of the starter!

-
Back