Fired it off (1st time)

-

howco4

Reaction score
Have not a reliable computer access for about 3 months, (wintering in AZ), so haven't posted in a while. I was anxious to how the beast ,(383), would run once we got home. Ater dealing with a stuck thermostat, leak in the gas line, and leaky valve cover gasket, we finally ran it out. What a sound!!! Also looks to be some great new projects on the site. Howard

Latest engine compt 001 (600 x 400).jpg

Nice winter here eh......no computer for 3 months...how? :clock:

Looks very nice !!!

The park we were in had wireless that was so slow, that we were timed out during most transactons.

Great to have you back.
Awesome looking engine bay. 8)
Any video of the fire up?

Have not a reliable computer access for about 3 months, (wintering in AZ), so haven't posted in a while. I was anxious to how the beast ,(383), would run once we got home. Ater dealing with a stuck thermostat, leak in the gas line, and leaky valve cover gasket, we finally ran it out. What a sound!!! Also looks to be some great new projects on the site. Howard
If I was you,I,d make up some sort of brackets to hold that rad in,cause those little plastic thingys just aren,t gonna cut it.I learned my lesson the pricey way and I even had aluminum straps to hold mine back!Trust me!

I'd also get rid of that glass fuel filter,those are nothing but a fire hazard..saw a picture of one that got crack,burnt the car to the ground..

The plastic things hold my oil cooler in place. The rad is bolted in securely. You are right about the fuel filter, but was all I had in the garage at the time, and was fired up about firing it up, (pardon the pun). Do not have a video camera. Some good thoughts guys. Howard

Mine is so close i can taste it!Just a few wires left before i can hear it.Keep up the good work,it looks awsome so far.

dart updates 001.jpg

dart updates 002.jpg

Yours looks real close. I made a few phone calls after I ran mine to announce the baby had arrived..er, I mean the 383. Good luck

-
Back