Fired up for the first time in 18 years!

-

Butchie7284

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I have a 71 340 duster original H code #'s matching car my uncle handed down to me. He has owned it since 1973. I started tearing it apart to do a full resto on it a year ago. About 3 weeks ago I decided to start it up. Did all the quick repairs and got it started! So today I figured I would start it since it's been 2 weeks since the initial fire up and it didn't even crank, it just fired right up with the turn of the key. Pretty awesome for a car that has been sitting since 1995! Valve cover gaskets leak like a runny faucet when it gets warm but man does it sound awesome!! Stock cam sounds great!! Only engine mods are a Holley 600cfm 4bbl, a edelbrock tm5 intake, and long tubes with glass packs. How do I post a video on here for everyone to hear this goodness?

Hey everyone!! I have a 71 340 duster original H code #'s matching car my uncle handed down to me. He has owned it since 1973. I started tearing it apart to do a full resto on it a year ago. About 3 weeks ago I decided to start it up. Did all the quick repairs and got it started! So today I figured I would start it since it's been 2 weeks since the initial fire up and it didn't even crank, it just fired right up with the turn of the key. Pretty awesome for a car that has been sitting since 1995! Valve cover gaskets leak like a runny faucet when it gets warm but man does it sound awesome!! Stock cam sounds great!! Only engine mods are a Holley 600cfm 4bbl, a edelbrock tm5 intake, and long tubes with glass packs. How do I post a video on here for everyone to hear this goodness?
Some pics would be great too!!

I use Photobucket.com to store my videos and then just put a link to it here in the thread. Easy peasy.

That site is now charging for service, up to 399.00 per year. If you're using the free account, all of those photos will eventually be replaced with a cat in a box.

I was just reading a thread on the gun forum about this.

Here's the OP in that thread:

Photobucket

Interesting. I guess you get what you pay for and since it is free, you don't get much. I agree with everything you said in that other thread. Things are really going downhill fast over there at Photobucket. It's slow, their editing software doesn't work half the time and of course the pop ups wanting you to pay. I'll use it til it goes off line and then we'll figure something else out. I don't store my family photos there, but have hundreds of car, truck and motorcycle photos there. It only shows that I'm at 25% of my capacity.

-
Back