Firewall/Engine Bay Smoothing

-
Thanks for sharing! I'm going for an off white also. With a tan interior. What color is your interior? I'm keeping the factory steel wheels which I plan to paint red (like the motor) and add the dog dish caps.
Inside is black, btw that’s the original paint, 36k miles

I figured I’d have to drill a hole for the throttle cable. Seems ironic I guess to fill so many holes and then drill another :)
Look at more photos before you fill the hole for the slant's rotating throttle rod. I am pretty sure my 1965 273 has a plate for the throttle cable which routes the cable thru that hole and bolts to that horseshoe backer. Pretty sure it is shown clearly in the FSM, and photos of that have been posted many times.

Look at more photos before you fill the hole for the slant's rotating throttle rod. I am pretty sure my 1965 273 has a plate for the throttle cable which routes the cable thru that hole and bolts to that horseshoe backer. Pretty sure it is shown clearly in the FSM, and photos of that have been posted many times.
Thanks, I will certainly do some more homework.

I’m pretty sure the V8 cable/pedal uses those same holes.
You might want to leave that alone

The V8 (and slant 6 with factory AC) throttle bracket used a couple of the small bolt holes to secure the bracket to the firewall in addition to the 3 holding the firewall plate where the cable comes through.

64 and 65 cable provisions to the left of the six cyl. mechanical opening bracket has five bolts. two of which go into the six cyl provision. You could clean it and put nuts on the back side of the two bolts.

DSC05151.JPG

DSC05152.JPG

DSC05153.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back