Firewall plugs; '64 A Body

-

Bill Dedman

bill dedman
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a source for new rubber firewall grommets for a '64 Valiant? I am referring to the two (one on each side of the firewall,) near the area where the hood rests. They are plugged into the vertical surface of the firewall, are about 2 inches long (just a guess) and are rounded on the ends; they sit in the firewall at an angle (left-to-right.) Nothing goes through them; they're just there to plug two oblong holes.

I need a pair, and don't know where to look.

Any info will be appreciated!:profiler:

Gary Goers has them in his catalog, and I got mine a few years ago from restorationspecialties.com.

PM me your address........I'll be home next week and send you some.

Sorry... just reread the post, you want NEW ones.......over still stands though for a set of nice used ones..

Gary Goers has them in his catalog, and I got mine a few years ago from restorationspecialties.com.

I called the place in your post and they have them, so I ordered two new ones.

Thank you so much for the GREAT information; I'd never heard of that place, but they have an impressive catalog, and were very helpful!!!

That's what I love about FABO... tons of great information. :cheers:

PM me your address........I'll be home next week and send you some.

Sorry... just reread the post, you want NEW ones.......over still stands though for a set of nice used ones..

I wanted to thank you for your VERY nice offer to send me a couple of these; that was extremely considerate of you!!!

I was lucky to find a place that has new ones in stock, and since our car is freshly painted, I thought some new ones would be in order IF I could find some...

I did ($11.00 for the pair.)

Again, I really appreciate your kind offer; I really didn't think I'd be able to get new ones.

Have a good week!!!!:profilel:

-
Back