Firm Feel or Steer & Gear Power Steering Box ?

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
Gonna be converting to power steering over the holidays, and I was looking for opinions on the Firm Feel stage 2 power steering versus the Steer & Gear power steering. Is either one noticeably better/worse? How is the feel of each box? Are they both 16:1 ? The Steer & Gear box is slightly less expensive....

Thanks,

Mark.

I had Steer n Gear rebuild my power steering gear to stage 2, it is no longer an over boosted twitchy mess, and I’m happy with their work. From what I gleaned from which rebuilder to use discussed on /6 dot org both companies have a good reputation. I considered Firm feel, but it is on the northwest coast, and I’m in Maine so shipping was less to Steer n Gear in Ohio. I had the gear back in about three weeks.

I have a Firm Feel stage 2 power steering for my 72 Scamp and am really happy with it. I am on the West Coast so it was a no brainer for me.

They both do the same work, it's not rocket science. I have boxes from both. You should examine their return, warranty and customer service policies and reputations. Call them up and talk to the people. Those are the only differences that really amount to anything.

-
Back