Firm Feel Steering Box

-
Search around, you can modify the stock pressure regulator valve to reduce the "free wheel" action of the stock boxes.

I dropped my wagon's box off to Steer and Gear at Carlisle for a rebuilt to their Stage III and picked it up at the Mopar Nationals. Unfortunately, I can't comment on how it does as the car is nowhere near ready for it. In talking to a friend who had his done for his Valiant, he said it feels like his 2011 Challenger. Sounded good enough for me!

I had steer and gear rebuild my 71 demon box to stock. and my 72 demon with the firmer feel. Hands down the 72 steering is way better.

Search around, you can modify the stock pressure regulator valve to reduce the "free wheel" action of the stock boxes.
Uhh, yeah but this does not address the slop or any leaks it might have. The reduction in boost pressure can be tricky. I have found it to be really hard to get it right where I like it. When I got the boost low enough to improve the feel, the steering was notchy if the idle dropped a bit. If I removed even a slight amount of washer thickness, the boost jumped up and it didn't feel much better than before I started. For a very low $$$ trick, it is worth a try though.
The Firm Feel rebuild involves stiffer internal springs that work the same at all conditions.

I'm using their stage 3 power steering box with a flaming river coupler . I can't compare it to any other brand, besides the garbage worn out box I had on the car . Ive had it in for about a year and I like it alot , def happy with the purchase , and they guys there a easy to talk to if you having problems or anything .

I got the Firmfeel stage 2. Although I like it, I wouldn’t hesitate to go stage 3. I had manual steering so can’t compare it to stock

-
Back