First car show... first trophy!!

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Saturday, while Aaron was taking his ACT exam, I got his car set up at a local show as part of the 125th birthday celebrations for Temple, Texas. He finished his exam and came over to join me, enjoying watching folks stop by to inspect his Dart Sport that took three years for us to complete. It was very satisfying to get it out for the public to see all our hard work.

The icing on the cake was when it was announced that he won 2nd place in the MOPAR classification, being beaten by a very nice '69 AMX. Here are the pics I took at the show:

Bloomin_trophy.png

Bloomin_01.png

Bloomin_02.png

We hope that this is just the beginning of many more to come. We are going to get some much better photos to post, later.

Jerry

Bloomin_trophy.png

Bloomin_01.png

Bloomin_02.png

hey that is great 74 sport!!! it is good to see another member of the younger generation getting behind the old cars! i hope you and your family win many more.

What a nice Sport, i worked on my kids 1973 Dart Sport this weekend. He was also taking his ACT test saturday. I'm getting his ready for the high school drags. Keep them kids involved!

Congrats on the win! Thats gotta be one of the nicest Dsrt Sports I've seen in a while! I had a 73 Slant 6 that I sold last year. One quicl question for you, what size rims and rubber are you running? Those are the same rims I wanna get for my 72 Duster.

Thanks, guys. I don't know if I ever explained some of the trouble we encountered with this Dart Sport project, but these pics will give you an idea of what we were facing (rusted back half):

Dart_chopped.png
Dart_finalfit.png

Durstya, we went with American Racing Torque Thrust II rims. There are 205-60R15 Goodyear T/A Radials on 15"x6" in the front, and 235-60R15 on 15"x8" in back. I believe we could have even gone with 245 in back, with plenty of room. Maybe next time.

Jerry

Dart_chopped.png

Dart_finalfit.png

congratz....i think it is even more special when you did all the hard work yourself.

-
Back