first car

-

hairy72

Reaction score
this is my 72 duster. motor 318 .030 over, 9.5 comp,lunati cam, performer intake, holley 670, double roller chain, electronic ignition, holley fuel pump,340 heads, flowtech headers, dual 2 1/4 flowmasters, stock 904 and 3.23 suregrip,ssbc disc brakes.

duster 112.jpg

duster 111.jpg

duster 118.jpg

duster 124.jpg

duster 129.jpg

Very very nice ride, you should be proud!

Nice ride! The wheels look awesome on your car.
I think the bat in the back seat is the security system.:thumblef:

those seats look like they might be out of a daytona or something like that

Nice duster Hairy72!!
Sounds like a fast and fun A bodie to drive.
Keep us updated on your next move on this 72 duster.:thumblef:
I use an old Hickory ax handel that has been cracked
over a log and can't seen to remember to get it replaced.:-#

Very nice! What color blue is it? I like the painted bumper also.
C

thanks for the complliments the seats are out of a 97 grand cherokee.

That's your first car? :shock: My first car was a 1959 4 door Austin :puke:

very cool car.... have fun with it...... one piece of advice though.. clean up the wires under the hood.. see a couple cars burn to the ground because a wire fell on something it shouldn't have...

what do you guys think i should do to the transmission?any suggestions on what i should do to the car.

what do you guys think i should do to the transmission?any suggestions on what i should do to the car.

is there something wrong with the tranny?

suggestions on what you shoud do to the car?

1) fix the wries before it burns to the ground

2) have fun with it.

The biggest bad assed Bottle fed Big Block that you can stuff between the wheels wells and 14 inch wide tires out back. Oh God where did that come from. Sorry I've been researching new intake manifolds and I think the adrenaline and nicotine and caffeine are affecting my brain cells.

Nah just kidding Hairy, It looks nice just the way it is and Welcome. But unless you do a lot of interstate driving you might want to consider some 3.91 gears to let that 318 sing.

Terry:burnout:

Please don't take this personal. It is only suggestions.

Clean the wires up with some neat looking wire looms. The wires on the fire wall needs wire loom and black tape. The wires running across the valve covers to the alternator need loom on them and laid over on the intake area. I would move the battery to the trunk. You can get a kit on Summit Racing to do the job. The battery in the trunk will clean up the engine compartment and move weight to the back axle. The fuel line needs to be ran behind the alternator and ran between the valve cover and intake area. That fuel line is to close to the headers. Spark plug wire retainers will pull the wires together and look much better. And loose the stickers on the quarter windows but that's just me.

If you want the car to shift harder which I think that's what you want take it to a transmission shop that you trust. They should be able to send you in the right direction. Ask them about a higher stall converter if you don't already have one that will get the RPMs up before you launch off the line. And then down the road you might want to go with a 3.55 gear or so and make sure it has a limited slip differential.

Good looking car! Have fun.

-
Back