First Car?

-
still have my first car, 20 years now. I really want to drive it again. But first I have to find it. I know its in here somewhere.

DSC02521 (2).jpg

I am sure this has been gone over a few times but I am having some troubles finding the threads.. What was your first car? Do you still have it? Mine was a 1970 AMC Ambassador, it had a 360 2bbl on it. Wish I didn't sell it..

1st car was a new 69 Dart GT. 273, console auto, Red / white top & interior.
Semi ran a lite & totalled it, so took the $6K insurance & bought a new Lemon Twist/Blk 70 Cuda. 383 4spd, slats, magnum 500's. Wish I had THAT one back. How'd you like your Ambassador? The Marlin's were pretty cool, too.

Mine was a 1984 dodge charger 2.2 5 speed POS but for some reason I wish I still had it.
I had one I was gonna use as a driver while I spruced up the shelby model... until I was jacking it up to change the brakes and the jack went through the rusty frame. your dont see many of them around

My first car (Aug 1974) was a 1957 Olds 88 2dr hdtp- never made it to road ready, but I still have whats left of it today (long story...); but my first driver was a 1968 Plymouth Fury III 2dr hdtp (not a sports roof) in 1978 w/178,000mi on a 318/904 and a class III hitch- the previous owner used it to haul a horse trailer!

1972 Plymouth Satellite. The year was 1989. 75k on the odometer, 318 auto, flawless interior, bias ply front tires and snows on the rear.

My first was a green 57 Chevy shortbed. I bought it in 1982 when I was 14 with $400 of hard earned hay-hauling money. It had a 235 with a three on the tree and 35,000 original miles on it. It is the truck I learned to do paint and body on and was my high school project and daily driver until I joined the Marine Corps in 86 and went overseas for about 5 years.
I named it "Toad" lol.8)

My first car was my fish. It belonged to a family friend who stopped driving it in 1977 and it ended up sitting at our farm till he gave it to me when I turned 16 and needed a car for auto mechanics in high school.

My car back in 1970/early 71
cuda.jpg

The same car in the fall of 82 when I started to work on it.

Sept 1984 I tore it down to rebuild it, "so I thought" I was an 18 yr old know it all and didn't make sure I had all the parts I needed first so it sat for years while I gathered the parts needed. I did manage to work on it a little over the years though.

After dozens of other cars over the years I finally got around to finish it and got to drive it again last summer.

Wow Blownfish, thats a awsome transformation. beautiful car.

My first car 1964 Dodge Custom 880 4 dr sedan 383 pushbutton, parents bought it brand new, gave it to me when i started driving. I miss that car.
dodge-custom-880-parts.jpg

Like this, same color ooops thats a 63, 64 had twin hood ornaments and different rear quarters, to lazy to go look for my pictures

I am sure this has been gone over a few times but I am having some troubles finding the threads.. What was your first car? Do you still have it? Mine was a 1970 AMC Ambassador, it had a 360 2bbl on it. Wish I didn't sell it..

Thats the nicest AMC Ambassador i have ever seen.

'65 Corvair 500 2 door 110 4 speed, my brother gave it to me for christmas when i was 14. I'm 47 now.
I never did drive it on the road, and i do still have it!
I always thought they were cool no matter what anyone says!

Is it a 69 Corvair Monza that has the same swept fastback rear as a notchback cuda? I would love one of those.

I bought a 68 Dart 270 when I was 16. Drove it and raced it heavily for ten years. I have owned it for 24 years now. It used to run 10s and was street legal. Now I have been working on it, off and on for 13 years. Here is one of the earliest pics when I finished putting in a fresh 273 I built myself, btw it was probably one of the slowest darts around. 15.20s at 92mph. Then heres some pics of it currently.

Sorry about all the photos, but I really enjoy it when people post photos and so here is my contribution.

sc00096f58.jpg

sc0007317d.jpg

sc0003c549.jpg

sc0003ef89.jpg

sc00067edf.jpg

sc00071dbb.jpg

laborday06 200.jpg

laborday06 201.jpg

DSC03670.jpg

-
Back