first Christmas

-
Mike you may not know it but I feel like you have been having a few with me today to celebrate his life,and I appreciate that. Maybe my timing was not so good to post this. i was having a good time in some other threads.Oh well I had to do this some time.Thank you for your time in my thread Mr. Slater.8)
Maybe my timing was not so good to post this.... I think it was a perfect time DRENO 8) I had the day all alone and I think you my patients was real good today :cheers:
I just got invited to go see some old friends :-D Well I am the old fart of the bunch :-D

I'm 58; both parents dead. Just remember what they taught you, and pass it on to your kids, and grand-children,
Sorry for your loss.

I'm 58; both parents dead. Just remember what they taught you, and pass it on to your kids, and grand-children,
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you green.I am sorry for your loss.I tied to raise my children the way I was raised. Thanks for stopping by.

Hey Dave I kind of wondered why you had changed your avatar, but now it makes sense. Again I am sorry for your loss and glad to see the way you honoured him. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and you know he was there with you the whole time. I know my dad means the world to me as well, I would not have my Dart were in not for him! On the bright side we should be cruising again in less than 5 months! Right???8)

That is a cool clock. I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, lost my Dad in 2006. That is a very nice tribute to you Dad.

Hey Dave I kind of wondered why you had changed your avatar, but now it makes sense. Again I am sorry for your loss and glad to see the way you honoured him. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and you know he was there with you the whole time. I know my dad means the world to me as well, I would not have my Dart were in not for him! On the bright side we should be cruising again in less than 5 months! Right???8)

Thanks Mark.Hopefully we will be out there in less than that!

That is a cool clock. I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, lost my Dad in 2006. That is a very nice tribute to you Dad.

Thank you for your kind words alleyoop.Sorry to hear about your Dad.We will manage won't we.8)

Sorry for your loss DRENO

Cancer got my Mom several years ago and Christmas is very hard now, she loved it and her BD was on Christmas eve.Very hard time for my Dad

Sorry for your loss DRENO

Cancer got my Mom several years ago and Christmas is very hard now, she loved it and her BD was on Christmas eve.Very hard time for my Dad

Thanks for your words megaman.Cancer got 1 of my brothers a few years ago,it's a bastard thing!I keep my Mom as close as I can.We have to keep on keeping on.8)

Thanks for your words megaman.Cancer got 1 of my brothers a few years ago,it's a bastard thing!I keep my Mom as close as I can.We have to keep on keeping on.8)

Yup we do!

I think my daughter who's 3 1/2 now keeps her grandpa going and not giving up on life.

Cancer is EVIL it has effect my family terribly, its taken my Mom,Aunt,Grandfather,one of my Mom's brothers and is trying with the 2nd who has it in his liver.My sister has survived it also my other Aunt and my Dad has been fighting skin and prostrate C for years now.

Yup we do!

I think my daughter who's 3 1/2 now keeps her grandpa going and not giving up on life.

Cancer is EVIL it has effect my family terribly, its taken my Mom,Aunt,Grandfather,one of my Mom's brothers and is trying with the 2nd who has it in his liver.My sister has survived it also my other Aunt and my Dad has been fighting skin and prostrate C for years now.

Wow,that's scary! Good to see your little girl giving grandpa something to live for.My Mom is a cancer survivor,she be 92 in a month. Happy New Year megaman.8)

Dreno, buddy, a former co-worker and I have had this discussion. I've known pain with the death of my daughter, but not the grief of the death of a parent. I sit and watch my folks get older and it's not easy. Pop is still as sharp as a tack and more than willing to get his hands dirty, being a man who's worked with his hands all his life. He's my go to guy if I can't figure something out, car related. But I'm also a realist and know that it can't last forever and take the moments I have with him and put them away in the old scrapbook of a photographic memory.
Experiences like yours just reinforce the ideas that I have of my parents being with me here and now and know that I need to cherish them.
Thanks for sharing the clock with us. It's a work of dedication and a work of art and says a lot about your father.

Reading this thread has put a lump in my throat. I cannot imagine a time when my father is not there. I am so fortunate that he is able to guide and console me, and his willingness to lend me a hand whenever I have needed it. As we both grow older, I think more of what life will be like without him, and it is hard to imagine the hole in my life that will be there.

Always remember that your happiness in life is the one thing your father wanted to make his life full. And from what I have read on this forum, he has suceeded in raising a son with all of the attributes that make a father proud.

Think of him often, in good times and bad, and feel peace that he will be with you always. You are his legacy.

Grant

Reading this thread has put a lump in my throat. I cannot imagine a time when my father is not there. I am so fortunate that he is able to guide and console me, and his willingness to lend me a hand whenever I have needed it. As we both grow older, I think more of what life will be like without him, and it is hard to imagine the hole in my life that will be there.

Always remember that your happiness in life is the one thing your father wanted to make his life full. And from what I have read on this forum, he has suceeded in raising a son with all of the attributes that make a father proud.

Think of him often, in good times and bad, and feel peace that he will be with you always. You are his legacy.

Grant

I consulted my Father on many things,seemed there wasn't anything he couldn't solve. You need to cherish the time you spend with him and definitely preserve the memories. I do think of him often,sometimes it's hard ,sometimes I it makes me feel good that we had those times together.

Thank you for your kind words Grant,and maybe someday we will meet and talk about our Fathers.

Dreno, buddy, a former co-worker and I have had this discussion. I've known pain with the death of my daughter, but not the grief of the death of a parent. I sit and watch my folks get older and it's not easy. Pop is still as sharp as a tack and more than willing to get his hands dirty, being a man who's worked with his hands all his life. He's my go to guy if I can't figure something out, car related. But I'm also a realist and know that it can't last forever and take the moments I have with him and put them away in the old scrapbook of a photographic memory.
Experiences like yours just reinforce the ideas that I have of my parents being with me here and now and know that I need to cherish them.
Thanks for sharing the clock with us. It's a work of dedication and a work of art and says a lot about your father.

I cannot imagine losing one of my daughters.I'm so sorry.Yes ,preserve the precious moments,they will comfort you in time.He was my go to guy also and sometimes I would consult him" just to be with him ".
I really appreciate your kind thoughts Robert.Say "Hi" to pops when you see him.

You honour your father with this thread Dave, and I'm sure he would be proud. Fine choice of Avatars also, until I saw the complete picture of the clock I wasn't sure. You made me think of my 80 year old father with this thread his time is near. Actually my 2 brothers and 2 sisters have been surprised he lasted this long, 40 some years in the oil/gas fields tends to shorten a lot of lives. I too am dreading the phone call at least I'll be home when it comes instead of half way around the world.

You honour your father with this thread Dave, and I'm sure he would be proud. Fine choice of Avatars also, until I saw the complete picture of the clock I wasn't sure. You made me think of my 80 year old father with this thread his time is near. Actually my 2 brothers and 2 sisters have been surprised he lasted this long, 40 some years in the oil/gas fields tends to shorten a lot of lives. I too am dreading the phone call at least I'll be home when it comes instead of half way around the world.

I hope he is proud of me,I allways strived to make him proud.I only hope that he was . I thought the avatar would be a good example of the perfectionist he was and the skill he had.It's good to see you are near your Father.I had to call my brother in Michigan that day,not to mention when 2 of my other brothers passed away. Thanks for your kind words Terry and I hope you have many more years with your Father.

Right with you there! This was my second Christmas without my mom and I miss her so much...

My heart goes out to you DRENO

I lost my father Dec. 13, 1999

It's tough but you get thru it. I miss him too.

Tony

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of him.I will get through it. Thank you for your encouragement Tony.8)

-
Back