first cruise night of the year

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
With summer pushing to end I finally got to go to cruise night last night. In fact it was the first time the cuda left home this year. Like most cruises around here there was only 3 mopars there. A 62 savoy with a 440 and a 67 coronet with a 440. Both very nice cars. There was also a 69 boss 302 mustang who seemed to like trash talking. I heard him making some comments about my car and the fact he didn't think I could even break my 29 x 15.50 tires loose. (of course he didn't say it directly to me but loud enough I heard it). I was talking to the Savoy owner when he started in on the old boy with the Savoy, so we both went over to his Mustang and started pointing and laughing (just to piss him off). About 15 miute later it was time for me to go and as I pulled out on the main road I saw him running to his car. He weaved thru traffic to catch up with me (just to make it easier I slowed down and caught a red light ) Of course he is being a jerk and reving it up and doing dry hops.So I just nodded ok . I let him put a mini holeshot on me. By the time I hit second I owned him and when I hit 3rd I just flat embaressed him. So next week I am going to make a point of parking next to him....LOL

I think both you and the Savoy owner should get there first, leave a spot open between you and put a "Reserved" sign on the spot. Then just wave him on in IF he shows up.

there is too many drivers out there with mental issues it seems.

Too many bullies or show offs.

Instead of being respectful of others and SHARING the road, they think they or their cars are better than others. I try not to knock, GM, Fords--the overseas stuff I have a harder time accepting but I try, lol.

Just like there is all types off different gals, there is different type of cars. If its decades old it it has to be some what good. Even if it doesn't run as good as your's, it doesn't mean it could not with the right parts. Perhaps all it needed is more gearing or a looser converter. But then that car might cruise at a lower rpm on the freeways which is nice for long drives.

Those old Bosses need REVS but not all guys are in to winding their old valuable engines out till 8,000 rpm's

I have a friend that thought he could kill me in his el camino so we took them to the strip and I beat him by a long shot and he kept making excuses, my favorite he got out threw the floor mat in the back and said it was keeping h from getting all the throttle I once again beat him ( his top speed was 69, mine 89)

Outlaw....

After you park next to him, wait till a bunch of people are standing around his car talking to him.
Walk up to him and apologize for blowing by him WHILE you pick some tire rubber bits out of his grille. :eek:ops:

Some good ideas for putting him in his place. Around here driving a Mopar is like being the ugly step sister and since that is all I have had since I was 16 I didn't mind his crap at the cruise. But when he came hunting me down on the street , he crossed the line. If he shows next week I plan to make him pay for being a jerk. Besides I could use an extra $300 from him. If he won't race me I will let my wife drive and she can call him out in front of his motor mouth buddies...lol She can't muscle the 4 speed as well as I can,but she is better than 90% of the guys around here with it. That should humble him :burnout:

P.S. we have a safe place to race on an abandoned road - no traffic and clean concrete...Only thing at risk is his reputation and self esteem

-
Back